[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stephen King books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Mrmercedes.jpg (27KB, 256x387px) Image search: [Google]
Mrmercedes.jpg
27KB, 256x387px
I just read pic related and it was preety good. What other stephen books are good. I've heard Dark Tower is preety good and a movie is coming out soon for it. I'm contemplating reading that or reading more of the bill Hodges trilogy.
>>
He really is a pretty meh author, read a lot of his books as a kid because my gf was into him. From what I remember, The Stand and The Long Walk were his best books.
>>
>>9775679
what are some god tier authors? Just started reading regularly. I like Fantasy/Crime/Adventure and all that good stuff. I wanna read The Murder on The Orient Express aswell, I heard thats a good one.
>>
File: 1499043671420.jpg (11KB, 214x212px) Image search: [Google]
1499043671420.jpg
11KB, 214x212px
>>9775699
It really depends on what you like. Seeing that you like sci-fi and just generally pulpy stuff, I would recommend reading that and then climbing the latter onto more "literary" stuff. Luckily for you, some God-tier authors and stylists wrote pretty pulpy books.

Dick, Roberto BolaƱo, Thomas Pynchon, Raymond Chandler, Murakami, and DeLillo have writtem some pulpy and/or sci-fi books who are pretty God-tier, although some of them might give you trouble.

Read The Savage Detectives, Hardboiled Wonderland and the End of the World, and most Chandler books and then move on to more complicated stuff like Pynchon. Along the way, you should be able to find more stuff you like by branching out from those.
>>
Joyland was pretty comfy tho it fails as a horror
>>
>>9775679
I think the long walk is overrated, but I did enjoy it for the most part. The ending had much to be desired.
>>
>>9775665
The Dark Tower is awesome. 'The Gunslinger' is a really good book, even outside King's production. The movie is going to suck hard.
>>
Insomnia
>>
>>9775759
Nice post, gave me some ideas to what books buy next
>>
File: e.jpg (263KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
e.jpg
263KB, 1920x1080px
IT and Misery are legitimately good.
Different Seasons is a great short story collection.
The Long Walk is alright.
>>
>>9775679
The Stand is great until they settle into Boulder. The rest is shit. The Long Walk is overrated.
>>
>>9775665
The first four Dark Tower books and Wind Through the Keyhole are good. After that, not so much.

His Bachman books are pretty good, as is most of his early stuff.

Of his later stuff: Lisey's Story, the time travel novel, and Duma Key are the most worthwhile.

Avoid Dreamcatcher and The Tommyknockers.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.