[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non-Lolita Nabokov

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

What are his #2 and #3 if one is mostly interested in studying his prose style? Also not a fan of first person but that appears to have been his go to, womp womp :(
>>
>>9775033
>not a fan of first person
Transparent Things
>>
I hate Nabokov but more to the point why doesn't stuff like that pic get me hard anymore? Age? Marriage? Prozac? Probably all of the above. The fact is you reach a point when it is no longer possible to really believe that you could actually live the fantasy out, then these kind of images just become abstract, like a memory of thirst.
>>
>>9775033
Ada and Pale Fire.
Why do you want to study his prose style, exactly?
>>
>>9775051
>why doesn't stuff like that pic get me hard anymore? Age? Marriage? Prozac? Probably all of the above. The fact is you reach a point when it is no longer possible to really believe that you could actually live the fantasy out, then these kind of images just become abstract, like a memory of thirst.
It's literally a picture of a woman in a skirt (who doesn't even appear to have that nice of an ass or legs) from the hips down and a guy between her legs in the stereotyped James Bond poster layout. Stuff like that could have only gotten you hard if you had to go to summer-camp when you were a teenager in the heights of hormonal rage and couldn't touch your dick for days or weeks.
>>
Ada, The Gift, and The Real Life of Sebastian Bach are his best works bar none.
>>
>>9775051
You're gay.
>>
>>9775099

> Real life of Sebastian Bach

I think Pnin is seriously underrated, imo it's his best English work.

The Gift is his best Russian.

Some short stories of his are strong too, you can probably find them online: Spring in Fialta, Lik, An Affair of Honour, The Vane Sisters, Signs & Symbols.

You mentioned you're not a fan of first person. Otherwise, Speak, Memory is essential Nabokov.

I'm not such a big fan of his later English work, after Ada he gets pretty senile and obsessed with Lolita.
>>
>>9775033
Pale Fire is his best novel. Then maybe Pnin.
>>
>>9775049
This.
>>
>>9775033
I just finished Invitation to a Beheading. Pretty fun read, could probably be a bit shorter, but enjoyed the absurdity of it nontheless.
>>
His short stories are less popular, but also brilliant.
>>
Pale Fire and Lolita are a tier above everything else he wrote. Beyond that I think his best work is in Russian: Invitation to a Beheading, Despair, The Gift. The Eye is also surprisingly good.
>>
You can always rely on /lit/ for a fancy shitposting style.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.