[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Despair

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Atomised.jpg (25KB, 308x475px) Image search: [Google]
Atomised.jpg
25KB, 308x475px
This book was good (I just finished it) but christ it's made me truly depressed... Do you recover from this?
>>
>>9774665
Have it next to me now. About to crack it open. Pretty excited desu. First time reading him.
>>
>>9774665
read another wellbeck
>>
>>9774665
Incredible book, i don't know if I recovered and I read it around a year ago. It was my first Houellebecq, and since then the only other novel of his I've read was Submission. I really enjoyed that too but it seemed stylistically and structurally way to similar to Atomised for my liking. I plan on reading Platform next, i really hope he doesn't turn out to be a one trick pony because Atomised is one of my favorite novels.
>>
>>9774796
It was my first time reading Houellebeuq as well. Definitely worth the excitement it was an actual page-turner!
>>9774882
yeah I sort of got the same worry when all of his other books advertise that their written by the 'same man who wrote Atomised'. Still i'll definitely get round to reading them regardless. What are your other favorite books?
>>
File: 1496320913163.jpg (232KB, 802x802px) Image search: [Google]
1496320913163.jpg
232KB, 802x802px
>>9774882
>>9774844
>>9774796
Also sorry for the grammatical mistake in the OP. Only just realised it...
>>
>>9774665
You don't.
>>
>>9774844

This
>>
I like Extension du domain de la lutte better.
>>
File: reaction_2.gif (2MB, 320x218px) Image search: [Google]
reaction_2.gif
2MB, 320x218px
>>9774665

Stop being so beta and whiny and just enjoy the life you have
>>
It's high on my reading list and has been on my shelf for a while. Read the first chapter or so a couple of months ago to get a taste but haven't had any time to read it in the meantime. I got the sense that it was about the decay of Western civilisation type stuff and quite reactionary (he was bemoaning the sexual revolution). Sort of similar to Soumission, which he read, and his poetry, some of which I have also read. I read his poetry and Soumission in French but I think I'll read this in English for ease.

Am I right in the principal theme being modernity? Or does it become something else?
>>
>>9777863
*which I read
>>
>>9774844
> wellbeck
He's not English, m8.
Michiel Waalbeek is dutch.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.