[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many boards on 4chan dislike him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

File: cerial.jpg (38KB, 948x1086px) Image search: [Google]
cerial.jpg
38KB, 948x1086px
>>
he is john green.
>>
He's pretentious, his books aren't good, and he's a cuck
>>
File: womenfood.png (371KB, 525x709px) Image search: [Google]
womenfood.png
371KB, 525x709px
>>
>>9774653
Genre fiction
>>
>>9774680
explain
>>
>>9774820
Not>>9774680
But he is excruciating left and his books have no rereadability.
>>
>>9774823
You meant to say no readability. Understandable mistake.
>>
>>9774820
I'm on the left but this guy is the definition of an intolerable Hollywood liberal. He virtue signals brighter than a lighthouse in everything he's ever worked on. As for his books, I've read The Fault in Our Stars to please an exgf and I could see what he was trying to do and failing hopelessly at it. He wants to write "great" literature for the YA audience but he's forcing it so hard. This leads to half assed, "deep" ideas, wacky scenarios to force themes, and he has to make them obvious/discoverable to YA readers but that undercuts the literary value of his books. Overall he's got some mildly okay ideas but he's a slave to his audience and goals.
>>
>>9774837
are you saying he's secretly racist?
>>
>>9774653
He is a faggot
>>
>>9774847
He's probably subconsciously conflicted. Cognitive dissonance will eat him up on the inside. Maybe he'll write something passable then.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOWA3HJ5pOQ
> boi
>>
>>9775105
>triggered by Hanko de Mayo
What the fuck is wrong with these people.
>>
>>9775105
It's actually unbelievable how far away from 4chan this video is. Probably why it's inevitable that it should be posted on here eventually
>>
>>9775105
Why is zer bathroom so conspicuously in the background?
>>
File: fried-egg-sandwich-03.jpg (40KB, 670x447px) Image search: [Google]
fried-egg-sandwich-03.jpg
40KB, 670x447px
Why are eggs breakfast food? Why can't people let me enjoy eggs in the evening?
>>
>>9774680
In that order.
>>
>>9775298
Honestly i agree with him on that, i'm Italian and we'd never think of something other than sweets in the morning. Scrambled eggs are a perfect lunch, substantial yet pretty light.
>>
>alexander the great wasn't that great
>>
>>9774837
This sums up my problem with several people's politics actually - all superficial, uber-idealistic readings of social issues, little or no interest/understanding of the underlying economics and Realpolitik.
>>
>>9775339
How did sweets get stuck with breakfast exclusivity? You can put bacon on a sandwich without anyone freaking out. But the moment your sandwich has sweets in it, boom, it's a breakfast sandwich.
>>
>>9774680
>and he's a cuck
What men has John Green's wife had intercourse with in front of him with his knowing consent? Does he get off on it?
>>
itt: so much jelly
>>
>>9775371
Not >>9775339, but if you aren't used to eating that kind of stuff in the morning, eating bacon for breakfast would be like someone shredding your tongue and later your stomach. I'm Italian too btw
>>
>>9774653
Because /pol/ doesn't like liberals and cereal
>>
>>9774653
Besides /lit/, which ones hate him too?
>>
>>9775298
I think it's an american thing, in my country no one gives a when you eat eggs.
>>
I am an absolute fan of his. In saying that, all I know about him is the youtube channel he is a part of. So cant comment on any other things he may have done.

I think the Crash Course channel is a great tool for people like me who spend the majority of their time at work and want something easy, informative and interesting to watch as opposed to the garbage tip that is broadcast television. Especially in New Zealand, where streaming sites and satellite tv are super overpriced.

Also would be a good thing for teaching as it presents facts and ideas in a simple and understandable way.
>>
>>9775371
sugar = carbs

it's better to eat carbs in the morning when you're going to be active all day
>>
>>9774653
>Why do so many boards on 4chan dislike him?

Because he appeals to the masses. 4chan is simply a congeries of plebeians. 99.9999% of the posters here have no opinion about Dionysius of Halicarnassus, but they are full of judgments regarding pop-cultural figures like Eminem and the topic of this thread. 4chan is essentially a magnet for ~80 IQ dumbfucks.
>>
>>9774653
Mostly I just find his face annoying>>9774653
>>
>>9776515
ok cam
>>
He's garbage because he has to appeal to the lowest common denominator, and relies on sheep to validate his political beliefs.
>>
>>9774653
He took DFW's cancerous ideology of faux optimism/sincerity and made it mainstream. His literary "criticism" os also laughable. Remember how he said the odyssey was misogynistic because a female character tries to kill her husband? Or that lord of the flies is misogynistic because the all boys birding school doesn't have any girls in it? He's also one of those "nerd and proud xddd" types who think that watching starwars, avengers and other mainstream Hollywood products makes you part of the counterculture.

Basically he's the reason we have shit like 13 reasons why.
>>
>>9775458
He's not cucked by his wife but rather his cereals. His cheerios have had 48 dicks in them
>>
Because he ran a tweeny youtube channel and a marxist interpretation of education. The two things we hate most on 4chan are appeals made to little girls and subversive politics.
>>
>>9777193
> marxist interpretation of education
wot
>>
>>9776471
/his/

i don't think there is anyone that they hate more.
>>
>>9774653
He exemplifies the Platonic idea of a cuck.
>>
>>9778079
Most of the other boards probably don't have a defined opinion of him. I think the only boards he'd positively be received on are /lgbt/ and /tv/.
>>
>>9777193
>we
muh legion
>>
>>9774653
because he's a mouthpiece for pop cuck culture
>>
>>9774697
>your whole grain crunch
I cring everytim
>>
File: 1499651116672.jpg (98KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1499651116672.jpg
98KB, 640x640px
>/lit/s making fun of my surrogate dad again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBKKcxCuH-g
>>
I really like crash course literature
>>
>>9778640
You belong here
>>
>Reddit: the person
>Hack writer with terrible adaptations of his works
>runs an 'education' show that either only scratches the surface on a topic
>or else is deliberately uninformative/pushes a far-left agenda
>overall bearable on a good day but surrounds himself with even more cancerous far-left redditors like his pants-shitting brother
I don't even think John's a bad guy, he's just the king amateur and surrounds himself with people so low they crave thoroughly middlebrow connections.
>>
>>9778824

Someone screenshot this for next time someone asks why he is problematic.

>>runs an 'education' show that either only scratches the surface on a topic
And I cannot stress this enough, watching crash course is not a substitute for an education.
>>
>>9778824
It legitimately pissed me off that the movie version of The Fault in Our Stars was worse than the book. And I fucking hated the book.
>>
>>9775298
Edward Bernays knows, he invented the bacon and egg breakfast.
>>
>>9779121
The irony of the "Bernays is the father of modern advertising/PR" meme is that he isn't, he just had really good self-promotion/PR
>>
>>9775339
Another Italian here. Sometimes I eat egg at dinner or lunch (instead of fish or meat)

Sometimes even with bacon (not really bacon, pancetta)
>>
>>9775339
>>9776452
2 italians like me in the same thread?? It makes me feel wierd...
>>
>>9778137
/tv/ doesn't like him, he's not physically a little girl
>>
>>9778640
>>9778712
Both of you get
>>
>>9779208
Tre.
>>
>>9779218
No,4. Io, tu, e i due anonimi delle uova.

Comunque sono le 3 e non mi va di fare un thread, quindi lo chiedo a voi /lit/aliani che state qui.

Secondo voi una storia che esplori i problemi odierni del nostro paese senza cadere nella retorica legalista auto flagellante o fare una cosa tarallucci e vino รจ possibile?
>>
>>9779189
True, I consider Bernays' "Propaganda" to be propaganda about propaganda rather than being a manual. But he did specifically create the campaign on behalf of the agricultural lobby in the US to make bacon and eggs a "traditional breakfast" in the minds of American consumers. So eggs for breakfast appears traditional, but is actually a simulacra of a tradition.
>>
>>9779121
bacon and eggs is a fucking solid meal
>>
>>9774653
/his/ hates him because his Crash Course videos apply modern day morals to history, are skewed to his bias, and because he's pretentious.
>>
>>9776515
Kiwi if you don't think he's clearly pushing a narrative with his crash course history vids you need to look closer than "Cue the Mongols ayyy lmao!!!! xddd"
>>
>>9779189
>tfw you're so good at advertising you meme people into believing you invented advertising
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.