[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kindle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1491243125887.jpg (57KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491243125887.jpg
57KB, 500x500px
What is /lit/'s opinion on Kindle and reading on tablets/smartphone ?
>>
>>9774508
I personally enjoy reading from my iPhone because I can look up words I don't know with a few taps of the finger.
>>
I read for a year on a kindle and had pleasant experience with it, but it still feel that reading a good old paper book is a better experience overall. Also I find pretty hard to get my book in my native language.
>>
E-readers are great for public domain books although the price for anything modern is too steep for me to really get anything on there. I don't find the experience too different although I can't imagine reading Infinite Jest as a physical book I can't really think of anything else that would be a better/worse based on what you read it on. Reading on your phone just seems really shitty though.
>>
>>9774516
Kindles have that by just highlight the word. If you really appreciate looking up words swiftly, then you may like a Kindle my dude. I love that feature almost the most.
>>
>>9774508
>opinion
Opinion is irrelevant. Digital vs physical is totally subjective.
I personally prefer physical for a number of reasons, most importantly because digital reading hurts my eyes and makes it hard to concentrate on and digest what I'm reading. I do however dabble in both, but stick to physical where I can.
>>
>>9774508
Tablets are great. The only reason I don't often use my Nexus 7 for reading books, is that I prefer physical copies. The benefits of a tablet is you can pirate all your books and textbooks, and have them all in one device. Just make sure to backup your files in case you lose your device. Reading on smartphones is shit from my experience.
>>
E-ink readers actually got me to read more often, due to how convenient it is to carry your collection with you.

Physical copies are far more convenient when it comes to reference books or manuals that you have to flip through. Comics (especially the Belgian style ones) are annoying to read electronically, even on tablets.
>>
>>9774508
>>9774508
>tablets/smartphone ?
do not do this
buy a kindle. they are superior
>>
File: fuckplebs.jpg (71KB, 400x465px) Image search: [Google]
fuckplebs.jpg
71KB, 400x465px
>>9774508
>Considering digital over traditional even for a split second
>>
>>9774508
all things are nice except smartphones/tablets.

for just straightforward reading an ebook is better, you can read it with one hand in whatever position you want, it won't close itself, it's very light, you can read it walking around or whatever, laying down in whatever position, the ebook can be rested on a table or on anything with something behind to angle it nicely

tablets/smartphone are shit because of the backlit screen and they are heavy as shit so that doesn't help. it's still usable if you have no other option

for research of study a paper book is better, very fast to go back/forward pages, go to the notes and shit like that. it can be annoying to find a way to keep it open while you work on the computer but otherwise it's perfect. also it helps your brain not get lost when you jump around the book, having it physically in a different position on the book helps your brain. on the ebook you can do the same but it's not as fast and having everything on the same page while you jump around confuses your brain.
>>
File: 1496873111391.jpg (53KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1496873111391.jpg
53KB, 657x527px
I just finished reading Iliad on my smartphone
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.