[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I only have a month before I become a /grad/ cuck studying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Mencius.jpg (40KB, 352x512px) Image search: [Google]
Mencius.jpg
40KB, 352x512px
So I only have a month before I become a /grad/ cuck studying Kant and Nietzsche again. But tbhq I'm looking to getting get into some dense, meditative shit that is actually relevant to my personal thought. I'm in between studying the Five Classics, diving into Phenomenology of the Spirit, and exploring the pre-Socratics (mostly Zoroaster and Heraclitus in conjunction with early Judaic thought.

I figured I'd let you fags decide for me.
>>
>>9773444
What would you be reading for the presocs?
>>
>>9773496
Probably the Oxford collection. I'll do the necessary research for that but like i said Heraclitus is a point of interest for me.
>>
it doesn't sound like you have an actual focus on what you'd like to write your thesis on (which will need to be on one or two philosophers [or works even] at most). i'm a phd in philosophy and for both my MA and Phd i ended up doing something wildly different than what i had originally intended to do for various reasons. you need to find middleground between what you want to do and what your advisor's strengths are. plus you will be introduced to new thinkers and philosophical problems that will actually merit scholarly work and not just 'meditative shit.' keep in mind that you actually have to do scholarly work at the graduate level so whatever topic you work on needs to be philosophically important or relevant as well as have enough secondary resources so that you can take a nuanced position.

oh and let your coursework actually do some of the heavy lifting for you. make a chapter of your thesis one of your term papers.

tldr sounds like you're focused enough to have your toes in and what interests you but not focused enough to have a clear study path so just go to fucking class before deciding what you're going to study
>>
>>9773676
>MA and Phd
Lol anon asked a very simple question. Obvs he wants something separate from the ivory tower none sense he'll be doing at uni. No need to try to justify your shit decision to become an academic.

As for anon, stop being a little bitch and go with pic related. Doesn't sound like you'll get much exposure to Eastern thought anyways.
>>
>>9773804
>pic related
>no pic
that's some eastern deepness right there
>>
>>9773444
Tell me more about your graduate studies OP.
>>
File: 1479954251601.png (161KB, 1868x453px) Image search: [Google]
1479954251601.png
161KB, 1868x453px
Since you seem to have everything else covered, why don't initiate with the Indians a bit? You could also try Gnosticism/Manicheism or Medieval/Alchemical stuff maybe?
>>
>>9776170
Oh shit, I read that OP in the completely wrong way. But if you want some "meditative shit" you should try Taoism instead of Confucianism.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.