[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

total opposite, really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

total opposite, really
>>
>>9772201
Same desu
>>
>>9772201
Indeed. The more you read, the more you are able to appreciate the greatness of great books. OP's problem is mainly caused by the meme that every book you read has to be some groundbreaking existential experience.
>>
Give it another ten years and the cycle will be complete
>>
>>9772175
Nah, I can still feel elation if I am concious of a book REALLY MAKING ME THINK. I cant explain why, but it almost feels mechanical, I know it sounds edgy but the gears turning and clanking are a pleasure.
>>
>>9772236
That is the correct answer. My expectations are more measured now but I still regard it as the best source of knowledge.
>>
>>9772175
Is that "realization" a feeling of yours or something or can you back it up with rational argument?
>>
>>9772175
What books Do you read?
>>
>>9772175
I've come to that realization after about 1 month in of reading.
It's just entertainment, nothing to be proud of.
>>
>>9772328
Once you have a good grasp of a broad range of thinkers (i.e. an education), experience is the best teacher.
>>
>>9772175

its not if you frame it the right way, reading by the window as its raining and you're all alone is an amazing experience.
>>
>>9772175
wtf are you reading?
>reading for pleasure
oh
>>
I read non fiction but it's a pleasure for me
>>
>>9772175
Perhaps it's your cue to write.
>>
I am really turned off by contemporary literature due to the fact so many authors are attention-whoring anti-Drumpf and pro "Love & Kindness" (TM) cucks
>>
>>9772175
When reading non-fiction and especially topics of a specific vein, the content is naturally so referential that the more you read, and the more you understand the influences playing into the hand of a chosen subject, the more weight every proceeding piece will carry, and the more weight the pieces before will carry when you go back to read them with more acquired knowledge. So, to the contrary, literature carries more profundity for me as time goes on.

Perhaps you should put down your storybooks.
>>
>>9774147
>contemporary literature
back to r/books you go!
>>
>>9772236
The more you read, the more you know is all about illusio.

Unless you never step on
>>
File: 1838047.jpg (56KB, 380x411px) Image search: [Google]
1838047.jpg
56KB, 380x411px
>>9772175
>reading for pleasure

Why don't you just watch tv pleb
>>
>>9774184
Is Kant a pleb then?
>>
File: willt.png (552KB, 545x640px) Image search: [Google]
willt.png
552KB, 545x640px
>>9772236

I had this experience about a year ago that I can only describe as "becoming literate" - I finally read enough to reach this critical density of understanding that has worked to light up everything I've read subsequently in a way that I never experienced before. Since then, reading has actually been deeply enjoyable, such that I don't have to deal with the internal struggle of forcing myself to read literature anymore. It just happens.

Highly recommended.
>>
>>9772175
>It took me ten years to realize that all literature is, in the end, just entertainment, and a distraction from life in excess.
This is true. Glad you can admit it.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.