[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Women Writers BTFO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Jane BTFOsten.jpg (524KB, 766x952px) Image search: [Google]
Jane BTFOsten.jpg
524KB, 766x952px
Why is this, anons? EVERY TIME a prominent female literary figure appears, a male writer arrives who is more than her match, and who often totally eclipses her.
Look.
JANE AUSTEN vs Sir Walter Scott. While Austen has her cult of cancerous chubby female normies today, in her time Scott dominated fiction. This angered her, and she complained in letters that he was already a famous poet, but had to hog the fiction market too. Scott pioneered the historical novel, his works were successful throughout Europe and America. Austen was little known.
ELIZABETH B. BROWNING vs Robert Browning. Reverse here, Liz was more popular in her day, but her hubby was by far the better poet - he outlived her and grew in literary stature, now being seen as perhaps the greatest Victorian poet.
BRONTES & GASKELL vs Dickens. The combined might of these little ladies was no match for the D. Brontes died in obscurity, Liz Gaskell's efforts to highlight the plight of the poor were totally overshadowed by the Inimitable Charles with his unbelievable creative energy, imagination, humor, wit, and gift for creating memorable characters.
GEORGE ELIOT vs Thomas Hardy. As if it weren't humiliating enough to be found she was really a woman pen-naming as a man (by Dickens, who perceived an error in the description of carpentry in Adam Bede and guessed a woman must have written it). Thomas Hardy appeared as another rural writer, became more popular, more controversial, more boundary-pushing, and was more poetical. He has been considered by some critics as the 2nd greatest English novelist and among the great 20th century poets.
LOUISA MAY ALCOTT vs Mark Twain. How can "Little Women" even compete? The bitch even tried to ban Huck Finn, but nice try. Twain is in every list of top 10 best US authors. Alcott nowhere to be found.
EDITH WHARTON vs Henry James. Wharton could not keep up with James, who was somehow both tremendously more prolific and popular and still retained the delicate style she herself wished to stand out with.
VIRGINIA WOOLF vs James Joyce. She tried to be the great stream-of-consciousness modernist writer of the age - but nope, the lanky Irishman arrives with the unstoppable erect modernist cock that is Ulysses. The James was def not afraid of Virginia Woolf.
SIMONE DE BEAUVOIR vs Jean Paul Sartre. Little Mr Sartre shook every feminist bone in her body. He blew her mind with his frightful intellect and existential insights, and she ended up being greatly influenced by his ideas. He was a better fiction writer too. Their relationship was not hostile, however, and they got along like two peas in a frog.
J.K. ROWLING vs G.R.R. Martin. Some may dispute this, based on the sales count being in Rowling's favor. But books for youngsters backed up by marketing sells a shit ton of paper. Martin rose to prominence with a more dark, adult fantasy world that makes the bespectacled wizard books seem both puerile and naive. 60 million copies sold so far - and growing fast.
>>
>>9771862
Literally none of the writers you've picked are comparable. You're just telling us that men were more famous (and I could argue that they still are), yet we bith know that this is not ancriteria of quality and value.
I guess you had some fun writing this post.
>>
I only read the one about Scott and Austen but it's not true. They admired each others work and Austen was well read in her own life. I'm not sure why I'm giving this a serious reply?
>>
Ah, I see you've read Schopebauer's On Women.
We need to make these cucks realize that women can't write -- they can't even comprehend to think! Pathetic little worms.

>>9771879
>>9771886
cuck nu males
>>
>>9771879
>none of the writers you've picked are comparable
>woolf and joyce are on the list
>>
>>9771912

Only a matter of time until no one touches him because of all the /pol/ memeing
>>
File: 1498727844175.jpg (67KB, 1024x962px) Image search: [Google]
1498727844175.jpg
67KB, 1024x962px
>>9771886
>Reads a fraction of post
>passes erroneous judgment
Go away. Far away. It took me over an hour to word this post, and half an hour to make the shitty picture to accompany it. * sniffs - the utter ingratitude.
>>
>>9771912
Like the tongue-in-cheek irony of the comment, but seriously. Psychologists keep repeating the "fact" that men have superior spatial awareness/mathematical proficiency, and women have superior communication abilities, etc, thus should be better at literature. But you could easily make a top 50 greatest writers list and have no women in it. There's no female writer to match the likes of Dante, Homer, Shakespeare or Tolstoy, just as there's no female composer to match Bach, Mozart, Beethoven and Tchaikovsky. Weird, but they persist in propagating their "scientific" meme.
t. moderately-frustrated semi-autistic virgin in love with Western civilization.
>>
>>9771967
>there's no female composer to match Bach, Mozart, Beethoven and Tchaikovsky
Her name is Iggy Azalea
>>
>>9771972
>>
>>9771924
i'd rather read woolf than joyce, any day
>>
>>9771996
She certainly cures insomnia better.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.