[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was this board's consensus on free will again? I forgot.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1500061104325.jpg (122KB, 898x893px) Image search: [Google]
1500061104325.jpg
122KB, 898x893px
What was this board's consensus on free will again? I forgot.
>>
what was /pol/'s consensus on jews who attack christianity again? i forgot
>>
The fact that the soul exists proves that free will exists.
The exact mechanism of free will is a mystery that God has hidden from us but it's within the soul so there's literally nothing you can do to refute free will.
Any attempt to do so is blasphemous.
>>
>>9771075
>soul exists
>fact
Oh boy. We're gonna need a bigger fish.
>>
/lit/ is socially compatibilist but metaphysically incompatibilist.

At the social level, determinism and free will coincide, and it's part of our mission as human beings to make people and ourselves as free as possible. At the metaphysical level, we are completely primordially free in a way we can't understand (either yet or at all).
>>
it depends on what interpretation of free will you are talking about.
>>
>>9771110
The movie with the whale
>>
it's a spook and a reddit one at that.

/thread
>>
>>9771061
check the archive
>>
I have it. You other plebs are too limited to have it.
>>
>>9771099
>At the metaphysical level, we are completely primordially free in a way we can't understand (either yet or at all).
what did you mean by this?
>>
>>9771208
what about me? Am I as cool enough to have it and at least choose to brown-nose great men like you?
>>
File: fuck you .png (460KB, 514x600px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you .png
460KB, 514x600px
You can kill yourself. That's ultimate free will. Every other living being is enslaved to its instincts. We're not. And we perservere, in spite of the grueling suffering we'll endure, because of virtue.
>>
>>9771061
/lit/ is a catholic board, you can guess our stance from there
>>
File: 1497674005448.gif (2MB, 190x300px) Image search: [Google]
1497674005448.gif
2MB, 190x300px
>>9771266
>because of virtue

No, because we don't have free will. If we had free will we would stop fucking altogether. The fact that sex is a thing is a total refutation of free will. We enjoy this grotesque merging of extraneous physical parts and why? Because it will make more people. By doing it we wont be conquering the ego but perfectly fulfilling its goal, self-perpetuation in the absence of a justifying telos.
>>
>>9771135
you mean the one i made with your mother?
>>
>>9771159
threading your own post is bad form my friend
>>
>Cartesian dualism
>2017
c'mon guy
>>
It's a hodgepodge of beliefs and rationalizations based on Dennett and Dawkins.
>>
Descartes and everyone after him was a mistake.
>>
The eye that sees the worlds has free will.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.