[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it the supersaturation of media that kills creativity?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: creative-writing.jpg (20KB, 420x398px) Image search: [Google]
creative-writing.jpg
20KB, 420x398px
Am i one only one who have this problem?

Every time i try to find an idea for a story i find somebody who allready used those ideas or i try to create something and realize it has elements of stories i really like

It seems like so much time passed that it is really hard to find something new that was never told

The last thing i want is to blatenly ripoff something
>>
>>9767687
>The last thing i want is to blatenly ripoff something

You're never going to get published with that attitude young man.
>>
>>9767691
how do you deal with the prblem?
>>
Everyone repeats something someone else did at some point. Nothing's original. You just have to put enough of your unique spin on it.
>>
>>9767687
>trying to write something that has never been told before
Oh boy...you're never going to get anywhere with this attitude, anon. The best writing there is has been retelling's of something that came before it. None of the classics are entirely original.
>>
>>9767687
So long as you tell it in your own way, you won't have a problem.
>>
I feared this but then I searched concepts, neologisms and aphorisms on google without hits
But my writing is making very little progress
>>
>>9768123
what kind of story do you write?
>>
>>9767687
It's easy to be innovative and creative. It's just that nobody wants to read it.

At the end of the day you should do your traditional story Lonesome Cowboy #7831 or whatever.
Don't bother trying to be creative, because it's not about the story - it's about the presentation.
And thanks to the Internet we now know that a billion monkeys with typewriters doesn't produce Shakespeare.
>>
>>9768135
I was going to tell you but then I got a connection error, and after that I figured I would keep it to myself
By the way it is almost nothing what I wrote, and there is a high chance nothing will ever come out of it
For inspiration I expose myself to speculative science as well as fringe political and philosophical ideas
>>
>>9768105
the line between be inspired and ripped it off is quite thin
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.