[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a lot of unread books that I want to read, but when I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1496443351689.png (6KB, 241x209px) Image search: [Google]
1496443351689.png
6KB, 241x209px
I have a lot of unread books that I want to read, but when I start, I can't seem to focus, can't seem to remember the content of the previous paragraphs. Any advice?
>>
>>9767157
Your heart isn't in it. Be honest with yourself and find a different hobby
>>
>>9767157
My brother always told me this, and I'll repeat it to you: If you don't like reading than you're not reading right.

What does that mean? It just means to find the books that really interest you! Don't try to be all INTELLIGENT and read non-fiction books. Just read fiction books that you enjoy, and maybe you'll build yourself up.
>>
Start with short stories.
Franz Kafka and H.P lovecraft has a bunch of them.
These are quite nice for beginners.

Try to read consistently everyday
It's all about habit building.
>>
>>9767371
I don't think you should be obligated to "build yourself up" either. If you want to stick with sci-fi all your life then go for it. What are you honestly going to get out of Pynchon? The ability to discuss it with the most annoying people on the planet here on /lit/? It's not worth it.
>>
>>9767157
Stimulant medication
>>
>>9767157
Read books that interest you at first. When you want to build up to more challenging books start taking notes. Usually I'd write questions that I want to discuss or points I'd need to reread or rethink. I find writing out ideas or thoughts and thinking about the book keeps me engaged. I do read slowly though when I do this.
>>
>>9767157
Just dedicate uninterrupted reading time to get through at least 20 pages a day
>>
I think I'll slow down my reading pace and read more lighter stuff, and then gain momentum from there.
Thank you for the advice everyone! :)
>>
Microdose on lsd
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.