[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I read this or should I start somewhere else from Mishima ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 62798.jpg (17KB, 291x475px) Image search: [Google]
62798.jpg
17KB, 291x475px
Should I read this or should I start somewhere else from Mishima ?
>>
Confessions of a Mask is the starting point when it comes to Mishima.
>>
>>9766123
People tend to dump on "The Sailor Who Fell from Grace with the Sea" but I think it's a nice short introduction to Mishima. It's pretty bleak and LOTF-esque in places but it explores themes that you'll see in other Mishima works.

If you're feeling a little more ambitious try "Spring Snow".
>>
>>9766123
>Temple of the Golden Pavilion
Read this first. It's great.

Confessions and Sailor are also terrif. The order doesn't matter so much. Sailor is quite different than, but closer in tone to Temple, than is Confessions, which feels like a memoir.

All three will bring that dark cloud over your head that is peculiar to the author -- his brand, if you will, as much as Kafka's strangeness was *his* brand.

Prepare to enter the darkness that is Mishima.

Couldn't into Spring Snow.
>>
>>9766480
The Sea of Fertility books are probably the least accessible Mishima novels but, at least in my opinion, some of the better ones.
>>
>>9766123
Temple is his masterpiece in my opinion at least.
It's one of the most aesthetically beautiful books I've read.
>>
>>9766510
That intrigues me. I remember reading Temple, Sailor, Confessions and Sun and Steel rather quickly, and buying the Sea of Fertility books with great expectations... and then coming to a sort of grinding halt. They just didn't work for me. It was kind of frustrating. Maybe someday.
>>
File: MishimaHotline.png (342KB, 753x362px) Image search: [Google]
MishimaHotline.png
342KB, 753x362px
Someone post the Mishima chart.
>>
Why is Thirst for Love so underrated?
>>
>>9768492
nobody ever talks about Forbidden Colors either
>>
Did he ever write any political writings? That's the part of him I'd like to research more.
>>
>>9770396
Lol it's mashima everything he wrote is political m8 read between the lines my man
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.