[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TV show adaptation of Lolita

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4621.jpg (24KB, 220x369px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4621.jpg
24KB, 220x369px
Okay guys, I've decided to write a screenplay for a TV show adaptation of Lolita. I was wondering, how would you go about doing this? I'm having a hard time deciding if I should change the time setting of the story. Like perhaps it's set in the 70s or 80s instead and they travel around in a VW van and Humbert is disgusted with American pop culture of that time instead. I want to keep things in Humbert's perspective because I feel lile a lot of average readers gloss over that, and the fact that he is an unreliable narrator. Have any advice for me? Any preferences or recommendations or requests you habe for my little project?
>>
>>9765528
>Any preferences or recommendations or requests you habe for my little project?
Watch Kubrick do it far better than you could
>>
>>9765528
the main issue with the tv show adaptation would probably be the unreliable narrator. hard to distort facts the way Humbert is supposed to when what is actually happening is occurring before your eyes. part of the genius of the book is the fact that we truly don't know what happened precisely because we *didn't* see it with our own eyes, and making it into a tv show would make interpretation more difficult
>>
>>9765541
Kubrick was a hack that made doloras rught off the bat a little vagarious slut
>>
>>9765600
Well if you've seen Moulin Rouge, I was planning on taking a similar route to Christain's character, were an action would happen and Humbert's thoughts would narrate after or during it. I think this could make for rather comedic context. So more like I would have to rewrite Lolita to be more realistic on a blatant end, but keep Hum's sode of the story going. I don't want you to see lolita's context but rather watch the actions and see she's struggling, rather than get her direct thoughts/feelings because that's just not the story at all at that point.
>>
>>9765600
True Detective S1 used the unreliable narrator trick pretty well
The Affair also used it, but I havent seen it
It's more common than you think
>>
>>9765528
stop trying to appeal to average readers

most average people who read lolita did it against their will
>>
>>9765528
Adapt just the second part of the book and have Humbert tell the first one, never showing it.
>>
>>9765814
I don't plan too, that's why I'm keeping the general narrative.
>>9765832
While I concider your recommendation interesting, wouldn't that take a large chunk of the story out? Along with details we need from early-on humbert.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.