[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Books With Unrealistic Dialogue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 91vWoLBq6VL.jpg (702KB, 1423x2129px) Image search: [Google]
91vWoLBq6VL.jpg
702KB, 1423x2129px
not that that's a bad thing
>>
Les Miserables, some of the dialogues there seem very forced and not something one person would say to another.
>>
Pretty much every book? Real life conversations are generally asinine.
>>
I love how the children speak and act more maturely than the narrator.
>>
Ivy Compton-Burnett. I love it.
>>
>>9765514
The Road, Cormac McCarthy
Dialogue was written weirdly I thought
>>
File: 04delillo_CA0-articleLarge.jpg (35KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
04delillo_CA0-articleLarge.jpg
35KB, 600x350px
>>9765514
Realistic compared to what? Your Tinder profile? Shakespeare?

Shall I compare thee to an upstart crow, well able to bombast out dialogue with the best of DeLillo?
>>
File: 51ZndGYFeXL.jpg (48KB, 315x500px) Image search: [Google]
51ZndGYFeXL.jpg
48KB, 315x500px
>>9765514
>>
Catch-22
>>
more like
ITT: Books for Tool fans whomst consider Idiocracy to be a deep movie
>>
Pa?
Ye.
>>
Anything by Shakespeare, obviously.
>>
>>9765514
Well, reverse the question and you have the more effective prompt; what books have realistic dialogue? Almost all literature leans on unrealistic dialogue to be readable, because realistic dialogue is a bitch. People constantly forget what they're saying, talk over one another, misstructure their sentences, mumble and stammer. Do any books or plays accurately reflect real life speech?
>>
Any book not written in English, unless the dialogue is in English, since very few countries still speak anything other than English.
In 50 years 95 percent of the world will know English as its first language.
>>
>>9765514
I unironically feel like not a single line of dialogue from White Noise felt artificial or a mouthpiece for Delillo. You've never met cultural studies professors or American families before.
>>
>>9767296
Fuck you, now I'll hate 90% of the books I read
>>
>>9767296
>googles most realistic book dialogues
>no suggestions pop up
>unadequate results
>gg
>>
File: IMG_6389.jpg (33KB, 220x314px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6389.jpg
33KB, 220x314px
>>9767296
I'll admit that you're right for the most part. Very few exceptions. Pic related is the best exception I can think of. Incredibly realistic dialogue, and still entertaining and readable.
>>
>>9765514
Anita Blake series , just the style and type of dialogue that sounds really odd in a no-one will ever talk/speak like that fashion.
>>
>>9768037
I agree, White Noise was one of the first novels I read that was strikingly real in terms of dialogue.

Tfw not overly-educated uppermiddle class WASP.

Sorry OP, you'll be a pleb forever.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.