[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is Thomas Ligotti's problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (16KB, 142x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 142x200px
What is Thomas Ligotti's problem?
>>
Panic anxiety disorder, bipolar depression and severe agoraphobia. It has left him in a state of suffering where he can do nothing but reflect on the nature of suffering.
>>
File: 61gafoq4XBL.jpg (82KB, 907x1360px) Image search: [Google]
61gafoq4XBL.jpg
82KB, 907x1360px
He sees the futility of existence and the nobility of suicide but also sees it as a meaningless act that neither alleviates nor overcomes the hollow condition of life. So, he contents himself to be an observer and artist in the face of the all-encompassing void within the human heart. That is, until one day when he wakes up on the wrong side of the bed and immediately retreats into his closet to tie his belt around the doorknob and his throat and say the last goodbye.
>>
he THINNKS life is VERY BAD and that WE SHOULDN'T - live BECAUSE we SUFFFER
>>
>>9765317
He tries very hard to be the Lovecraft of our times, but cannot as he does not possess the secret to Lovecraft's genius.
>>
>>9765490
Not disagreeing with you, but can you elaborate?
>>
>>9765317
He's a little too perky
>>
>>9765317
He looks like an old Adam Lanza
>>
I always find it funny how these pessimistic fucks somehow manage to reach a ripe old age.
>>
>>9765521
Racism
>>
Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIZG1IcpR-4
>>
>>9765521
Being completely repressed/unreflective of the contents of ones subconconcious.
>>
>>9765317
Doesn't he have some sort of gastrointestinal issue? Someone around here said as much.
>>
>>9765928
I cba to find the relevant quotes but yeah, google 'ligotti stomach problems'. Maybe he has a worm or IBS or whatever. Something.
>>
>>9765928
>>9765932
So life is suffering because he shits himself and must wear a diaper?
>>
>>9765933
Yeah I guess that helps
>>
>>9765317
Is there any counter-Ligotti?
Book, thinker, whatevs
>>
>>9765928
>>9765932
>>9765933
He has IBS and has been hospitalized several times as a result. He also dabbled in drugs and rock music in his late teens / early 20s before settling down as a wageslave editing academic books and writing spooky stories about disgruntled wageslaves. He now lives in Florida with his elderly parents and spends his days surfing, hitting on babes and rollerblading along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico.
>>
>>9766343
Facebook Dot Com.
>>
>>9765323

This is true. Suicide without full contemplation is not only meaningless but might actually have negative value - purgatory, oblivion, eternal return.
>>
>>9767042
I bet he plays a sick game of bingo.
>>
>>9766343
Tony Robbins. Awakening the Giant Within.
>>
>>9765317
being in possession of consciousness
>>
>>9765317
He's a hedonist who has failed a few too many times. He badly needs Nietzsche.
>>
He's probably a virgin desu
>>
>>9769489
>thinking ligotti didn't read through freddy
>>
>>9765317
no one wanted to fuck him in high school so he came up with the radical idea that consciousness was a mistake and 'everyone suffers' therefore life is bad and shouldn't exist

fedora as fuck desu and if you agree with him u must kill ya self ;)
>>
>>9769532
If he did he wouldn't think suffering is so bad.
>>
File: 1461802342819.png (31KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1461802342819.png
31KB, 657x527px
>>9767042
Lol he lived his life in reverse
>>
>>9769558
Nietzsche isn't all that convincing desu. His defence of life didn't amount to more than drug induced pseudo-poetry.
>>
>>9767042
source?
>>
Pseudointellecual douchebag
>>
File: Tard.jpg (7KB, 196x258px) Image search: [Google]
Tard.jpg
7KB, 196x258px
>>9769558
Nietzsche is full of shit and the Nietzsche tradition only shows how biased everyone is and how readily they will dismiss pessimism
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.