[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come Ungoliant was able to btfo Melkor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: melkor.jpg (261KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
melkor.jpg
261KB, 800x800px
How come Ungoliant was able to btfo Melkor?
>>
>>9763943
temporal boof by eating the trees, silly you
>>
Ungoliant was the most powerful creature in the universe with an endless hunger.
>>
>>9763943
She is the embodiment of darkness itself, something fundamental about the universe. The fact she was able to consume the light of the two trees at all is extremely suggestive of her power. It's also worth mentioning that Morgoth became more and more earthbound as he displaced his magic into form in Arda, growing weaker as a result.
>>
>>9763943
How come Bombadil was unaffected by the One Ring? Primordial beings, ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>9763943
A better question is how a couple Balrogs btfo Ungoliant.
>>
File: george-rr-martin2.jpg (470KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
george-rr-martin2.jpg
470KB, 2048x1536px
>>9763995
>Primordial beings
Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. Tolkien can say that Aragorn became king and reigned for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What was Aragorn’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these orcs? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the orcs aren’t gone – they’re in the mountains. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?
>>
>>9764695
Postmodernists are the worst.
>>
>>9764695
t. Dunlending
>>
>>9764752
>After the War of the Ring, the Dunlendings sent ambassadors to the court of King Aragorn, thus finally began peace and diplomacy between Gondor and Rohan with the Dunlending realms.

And plebs claim Tolkien's world lacks detail, or that Gondor was unfair in its treatment of the losing factions. Return of the King even has the hosts of cities from around the Kingdom of Gondor introduced as they arrive in preparation for the battle.

>>9764741
Its a good question to ask when developing a fantasy world, but the phrasing is idiotic.
>>
>Far, far below the deepest delvings of the Dwarves, the world is gnawed by nameless things.
>>
>>9764834
>tfw you realize publishing companies would push Tolkien into writing an "encyclopedia of middle earth" if he was writing today
>the nameless things in the earth would be dissected, illustrated, and described in detail to satisfy fans
>the blank corners of the map would be filled in like a travel atlas
>>
>>9764841
>Books describing the magic system used in the world
>'Tolkien, what do you think about worldbuilding in fantasy books?'
>>
>>9763985

Damn, never knew Lord of the Ring was this deep in terms of lore and interpretations. And the parts thatare before the war of the ring seem even better.
>>
She just drank that tree juice.
>>
>>9764850
Tolkien would run circles around contemporary fantasy authors in answering that question. His lore is deeper than the Mariana Trench. Anyone who criticizes it >>9764695 simply hasn't been paying attention.
>>
>>9764695
H-Holy shit, I can't believe that fat piece of shit actually said that. Does he actually thing he writes good fantasy novels because some degenerates likes them?
>>
>>9764892
He's the lead writer of the most popular television show of the decade, acclaimed by critics and fans alike. His ego has been stroked to hell and back, so he might believe that his dogshit prose and inability to finish a genre fiction series somehow qualifies him as an iconic author instead of a screenwriter.
>>
>>9764841
>>9764850
>this will never happen

I shed a tear.
>>
>>9764910
>most popular television show of the decade, acclaimed by critics and fans alike.

eh, it was Breaking Bad before it and like Breaking Bad it'll be relatively forgotten after it finishes. the only reason people still care is because its still being made and advertised and rammed down peoples' throats. when they end the series, all the fags with their Danny tattoos and shitty t-shirts will have moved onto the next being normie thing.

and Breaking Bad was better
>>
>>9765120
>Danny tattoos and shitty t-shirts
Hahahaha, what the heck? I can't believe there are people like that, care to post some examples?
>>
>>9764695

does he think pest control is genocide?
>>
>>9764695
Without the Dark Lord's will to sustain them the Orcs probably simply vanished.
>>
>>9765160
There are dumb sluts naming their daughters Danaerys.

You know, after the woman they saw on TV who threw a tantrum and crucified a hundred random people irrespective of their guilt or innocence because she didn't like their culture of slavery, while on the way to reinstate herself as personal owner of seven other countries.
>>
>>9765478
You assume another Dark Lord would not rise, just as Sauron did after the defeat of Morgoth.
>>
>>9765120
>he has never seen anyone with a poorly-done show / film of the moment tattoo

I-I can kinda believe this.

>he has never seen anyone wearing a T-shirt based around show / film of the moment

Now this I cannot believe.
>>
>>9764695
Hahaaha anon clever pasta
>it's actually real

christ
>>
>>9765120
The only high art from this generation of TV shows is Mad Men. There can be only one per generation, and before this one the only one was The Sopranos.
>>
>>9765672
Watched four episodes and found it quite boring to be honest, it wasn't bad, but nothing was really happening in the story. They were going to show something about the protagonists past, but I stopped before that, perhaps it gets better? It seemed to me that the series is basically men working and sex.

Also, the protagonist of that series if quite a jerk, aye? He cheats on his perfect and cute wife and doesn't even seem to care about her at all.
>>
>>9764841
This is what made Star Wars shit
>>
File: 1498786946604.jpg (79KB, 319x776px) Image search: [Google]
1498786946604.jpg
79KB, 319x776px
>>9765120

This is correct, If ASoIaF was not signal boosted to the degree it has been by the TV show it goes without saying it would not even be remotely as well known. I like some of the things that George R.R. Martin has written but his main body of work has been absorbed into 2010's pop culture, and put into a medium that will soon burn itself out before he even finishes the series. People will be talking about Tolkien who died 44 years ago longer than they will be talking about Martin. Which is funny because he has put down 1,770,000 words (and still isn't finished) while Tolkien only used 706,574 total.
>>
File: 1498000378346.jpg (57KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498000378346.jpg
57KB, 848x480px
>>9764695
>Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper.
The thing that bothers me the most about this is that it's a willful misunderstanding of the materials. Aragorn was raised by the Eldar since he was a child to lead, he was profoundly equipped to rule by a long hard life of experience and tutelage by the wisest beings in the world.
>>
>>9765120
>eh, it was Breaking Bad before it and like Breaking Bad it'll be relatively forgotten after it finishes.

Kek, you're delusional if you believe that. GOT is far more popular than Breaking Bad has ever been, not to mention there are plans for god knows how many continuing stories after the show ends.

>and Breaking Bad was better
Breaking Bad is an overrated trash, as good as season 5 and 6 of GOT (even though these seasons fucking blow)
>>
File: 1498318247173.png (318KB, 496x559px) Image search: [Google]
1498318247173.png
318KB, 496x559px
>>9765672
>The only high art from this generation of TV shows is Mad Men.
Hurr durr being a narcissist is so hard.
>>9765672
>There can be only one per generation, and before this one the only one was The Sopranos.
Hurr durr being a fat stupid Italian narcissist is so hard.

There is no artistry in our modern age.
>>
>>9765684
>Watched four episodes and found it quite boring to be honest, it wasn't bad, but nothing was really happening in the story. They were going to show something about the protagonists past, but I stopped before that, perhaps it gets better? It seemed to me that the series is basically men working and sex.
>Also, the protagonist of that series if quite a jerk, aye? He cheats on his perfect and cute wife and doesn't even seem to care about her at all.
Let me save you 6 seasons of drudgery. He has a lot of sex, makes a lot of money, and remains convinced he is miserable. Eventually he finds redemption by becoming a hippy like everyone else in the 60s. Profound stuff, what a timepiece.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.