[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lovcraftian fiction.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: thumb-1920-203242.jpg (311KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-1920-203242.jpg
311KB, 1920x1080px
Whats your favourite Lovecraftian story or inspired piece.
I'm partial to the "Dunwitch horror" and "The thing on the doorstep" for stories and "The Mist" for an inspired movie.
Thoughts?
>>
>>9763925
Why is Lovecraft so popular with normies?
They get him wrong every time
>>
>>9763938
i just really enjoy his concepts
>>
>>9763938
you mean they've haven't gotten to the "monsters really = niggers" level of understanding yet, is that what?
>>
I remember liking Stephen King's short story "Jerusalem's Lot"
>>
>>9763925
The shadow out of time.

Read a couple Ligotti short stories a while back, but I became distracted with other books. Seemed promising.

Not totally relevant to the thread, but how much genre fiction (lovecraft certainly counts) do you read? I'm the only person I know who reads both genre fiction and muh literature, although not in equal measure.
>>
Why does everyone love Cthulu so much? He's lame as hell and he got btfo by a boat.
>>
>>9763925
Predates Lovecraft, but The Great God Pan and The White People.
>>
>>9764157

he didn't get btfo by a boat, he sank because of the storm
>>
File: 56fc005f67b45.image.jpg (663KB, 1171x1770px) Image search: [Google]
56fc005f67b45.image.jpg
663KB, 1171x1770px
>>9763925
>favourite Lovecraftian inspired piece
Lovecraft Country
>>
>>9763925
Mass Effect.
>>
File: Carter_and_Lovecraft.jpg (543KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
Carter_and_Lovecraft.jpg
543KB, 2400x2400px
Jonathan L. Howard FTW
>>
>>9765599
I wanted to enjoy that book, and I thought I would, but it just didn't grab me.

The book "14" by Peter Clines is probably my favorite Lovecraft-inspired work. It's an imperfect book but it has some truly inspired Lovecraftian scenes that just soar, and a very satisfying resolution. Would make a cool movie.

Oh, that reminds me, The Faculty was a really fun riff on Lovecraft, and some of Laird Barron's stories have great atmospherics and a wonderful build-up to and reveal of Lovecraftian horrors (Old Virginia, The Forest, Frontier Death Song).
>>
>>9763925
>lovecraftian inspired
bloodborne

i dont even play video games that much desu
>>
File: Shadows-of-Carcosa.jpg (344KB, 1100x1760px) Image search: [Google]
Shadows-of-Carcosa.jpg
344KB, 1100x1760px
>>9763925
Shadows of Carcosa FTW
>>
>>9765599

This wasn't bad, but it really wasn't that great. The Jim Crow aspect was handled well enough but none of the actual horror/pulp aspects were that interesting.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.