[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How has literature changed my life, you ask? Thanks to Hesiod

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

How has literature changed my life, you ask?

Thanks to Hesiod and Homer, I'm recovering from an alcohol dependency. I've never been one to get blackout drunk, but I've always been a big fan of getting buzzed and staying buzzed for long periods of time. More than anything I enjoy the physical act of drinking. It's just something I can do to pass the time; taking a sip from the glass functions as an outlet for the indefatigable nervous tic than can express itself in so many other forms: checking the phone, jouncing the leg, clicking a pen, or, in 2017, goofing around with a fidget spinner. I was at a point in my life where I would drink a 6-pack of light beer and an entire bottle of inexpensive red wine per day.

One night, long after the nearest liquor store had closed, I found myself towards the end of a bottle. I was reading Homer's Iliad--specifically the portion whereupon Odysseus captures Dolon, who is attempting to spy on the Achaian ships, Book Ten, as it were. After the success of his co-operative venture, Odysseus is enjoined to take his fill of wine, and presumably takes more than one draught. Yet he only does so AFTER pouring out a libation to Athena (after whom the city of Athens, Greece received its name). Returning to my nearly-empty bottle, and confronted by the sobering reality of pre-Christian piety, I poured out my ex post facto libation, and was thereafter unable to drink for the rest of the night. It was a breakthrough.

The second breakthrough came soon after, when I read in Hesiod's Works and Days how a wise Greek would mix his wine with water; one part to four! I'd heard of Semites turning water into wine, but never of the ancient Gentilian practice of turning wine into water! I adopted this practice as well. Now, as Odysseus, I can drink my fill, and without destroying my body. Who knows, one day I might need it to aid in the sacking of Ilion! Sure I'm getting old, but so was Nestor!

So what are your stories, /lit/?
>>
You're still drinking 1/4 of wine mate.
>>
>>9763296
yeah you stupid fuck that's only 25% as much
>>
>I'm recovering from an alcohol dependency. I've never been one to get blackout drunk, but

Fuck off
>>
>>9763333
That's still 100% more alcohol than none.
>>
>>9763346
>100% more than none
Anon...
>>
>>9763353
Shhh.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.