[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philosophy of biology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1233_thylacoleo_olga.jpg (168KB, 900x690px) Image search: [Google]
1233_thylacoleo_olga.jpg
168KB, 900x690px
Damn, Zizek's death came unexpected. Anyway, I was wondering if /lit/ knows any good philosophy of biology.
Someone on /sci/ talked about biosemiotics, which I'm looking into. I've read Peter Godfrey-Smith's "Darwinian populations" which I need to reread because I didn't fully understand. I'm not sure if it is philosophy of biology but "The tinkerer's accomplice" was interesting. I guess I could namedrop Stuart Kauffman as well.
>>
>>9763205
>Zizek's death came unexpected

It was obvious for a long time that he will die soon. He said it himself in some interview.
>>
>>9763227
I guess, but he wasn't that old. And I disagreed with him many times, but damn he was sure a one of a kind person

Hoping we could have a philosophy of biology thread or maybe general biology thread though I won't be suprised if there just isn't enough people who read and know about this stuff
>>
I'm trying to approach the philosophy of biology from a few angles right now, but mostly fringe ones like vitalism, the phenomenology of morphology, critics of the neo-Darwinian synthesis (especially advocates of porous/complex gene selection and activation, epigenetics, Lamarckianism), and wacky phenomenological ecology stuff.
>>
>>9763267

*that gif of hegel with the colored pyramids*

B I O S E M I O T I C S
>>
Chance and Necessity by Monod
>>
>>9763227
I heard someone say he died in a gay sauna? Is this true?
>>
>>9763205
>zizek
>dead

fuck off
>>
>>9763267
If you ever need any more fringe authors, anon, the few I know of are Gilbert Ling, Gerald Pollack, Ray Peat, and Mae-Wan Ho.
>>
>>9763267
>critics of the neo-Darwinian synthesis
I would like to mention that I think Eva Jablonka, Peter Godfrey-Smith, Stuart Kauffman and Yaneer Bar-Yam are all relevant to this.
If you have names, books or papers please do share.
>>9763749
Will check it out.
>>
This might be interesting to some:
>Inheritors of the earth by Chris Thomas
>>
>>9763784
Not the one you replied to
But thanks anon
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.