[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What caused the duel, /lit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Evariste_galois.jpg (212KB, 792x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Evariste_galois.jpg
212KB, 792x1024px
Could it be that he was set up by someone, to die?

>Évariste Galois; 25 October 1811 – 31 May 1832) was a French mathematician born in Bourg-la-Reine. While still in his teens, he was able to determine a necessary and sufficient condition for a polynomial to be solvable by radicals, thereby solving a problem standing for 350 years. His work laid the foundations for Galois theory and group theory, two major branches of abstract algebra, and the subfield of Galois connections. He died at age 20 from wounds suffered in a duel.
>Although his expulsion would have formally taken effect on 4 January 1831, Galois quit school immediately and joined the staunchly Republican artillery unit of the National Guard. He divided his time between his mathematical work and his political affiliations. Due to controversy surrounding the unit, soon after Galois became a member, on 31 December 1830, the artillery of the National Guard was disbanded out of fear that they might destabilize the government. At around the same time, nineteen officers of Galois' former unit were arrested and charged with conspiracy to overthrow the government.
>Early in the morning of 30 May 1832, he was shot in the abdomen, abandoned by his opponents and seconds, and was found by a passing farmer. He expired the following morning at ten o'clock in the Cochin hospital (probably of peritonitis)

His last words to his younger brother before the duel:
>Don't cry, Alfred! I need all my courage to die at twenty.
>>
>>9762084
He should have had the moral courage to forget honor and realize that the world would benefit more if he stayed alive and kept working.
>>
>>9762089
Cont. Unless, of course, it really was a set-up.
>>
They were fighting over the rights to a half rotten donkey pussy to use as a fleshlight
>>
Tu Choisy-le-Roi? Moi je Bourg-la-Reine.
>>
>>9762089
Why? Mathematics is trash. He knew this, that's why he died.
>>
>>9763108
Pretty fucking stupid, aren't you?
>>
>>9763119
>anybody i dont like is le dumb! kill le dumb degerenates!
>>
>>9763108
(You)
>>
This person lived more in his truncated life than I will even if I end up having 4 times his lifespan.
>>
>>9763127
try the redpill of lord kek, idiot
>>
>>9762089
Typical sophistry from one of the last men.
Kill yourself immediately.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.