[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which book/author will blow my mind? I'm not much of a reader

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: tmp_29647-IMG_0429188626992.jpg (199KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_29647-IMG_0429188626992.jpg
199KB, 600x900px
Which book/author will blow my mind? I'm not much of a reader (read about 30 books in my life), and was wondering if there are any authors that write on a different plane altogether. Dostoevsky? Wiggnestein?
>>
No no, memoirs of Hadrian by Yourcenar
>>
>>9762049
dippest thine feet ere thou swimest
>>
>>9762049
See, this is how I know I'm not gay. I look at a photo of this guy and all I see is some dumb motherfucker with expensive clothes and good genes standing in an alley. He isn't even doing anything, he's literally just staring into the camera doing the pouty mouth.
>>
>>9762069
Jelly
>>
>>9762088
Maybe. All I know is your pic triggered me and now I can't sleep.
>>
>>9762117
You might be gay after all
>>
>>9762117
He has 6 million instagram followers just because of his facial aesthetics. Sure he does other stuff too but he got famous for his face. Please tell me how jelly you are.
>>
>>9762069
>getting this triggered

you're a fucking fag, and you'll find out eventually. If you were straight, then you wouldn't have got all bent out of shape and felt the need to tell everyone how non-gay you are.
>>
>>9762069
how i know i might be gay is i look at asian guys and think, "damn, i bet they have a really clean penis and anal region."

asian guys are the only ones that make me think i could swing. whether they're bishy or masculine, so long as they aren't pouty try-hard dyed hair fags.
>>
>>9762134
asians rarely shave their gentialia and environs
>>
>>9762122
not him, but he has an arab brow/nose/mouth which is not attractive. he has a great jawline and serviceable ears, plus his hair is well styled. is he italian? it would explain the levantine features.

>>9762152
on the one hand, i know this. on the other, i believe that if they cared enough about their fashion, they would be shaven. i've had roommates from taiwan, s. korea and mainland—even fags—and they're disgusting.
>>
>>9762164
Yes he is an Italian. Mariano di vaio. How'd you recognize his ethnicity. I'm really bad with faces
>>
>>9762122
>>9762119
Who gives a fuck, what even is an instagram follower. I was just annoyed by the framing, it's a bad picture, and just makes him look like a conceited asshole, whereas a good pic makes the subject look and seem interesting. The insomia doesn't help but you get my point
>>
Can I get some answrrs on the original topic though
>>
>>9762190
Unironically DFW, start with Consider the Lobster and move your way up to IJ and TPK.
>>
>>9762172
eh, italian models all look the same—vaguely arabic, but not moorish like the spaniards. it's easier to parse them as an american rather than an entrenched european, i would imagine.
>>
>>9762190
there are authors that can reach through time and space to talk to you—dostoyevsky, freud, mann, to name a few—but i never got the sense that an author was playing with me (in the most innocent sense) until i read "if on a winter's night a traveler"

calvino (fittingly, an italian) was able to embody that postmodern wackiness without pretense. he always remained low and charming, and the one chapter where he imitates japanese authors (like mishima) is a sublime parody.

i get the sense that you're not an anglo, and you might be italian, so definitely read italo calvino. the only other italian novels i've read are "zeno's conscience" and "the tartar steppe." both were good, but calvino was in a league of his own.
>>
>>9762173
>who gives a fuck
>what even is an instagram follower
you seem like an honest fellow. i'd buy you a beer and drink mineral water to stay sharp around you.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.