[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

plebs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: what.png (292KB, 720x418px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
292KB, 720x418px
What are the most common signs that someone is a newbe reader?
>>
>>9759033

They think they've "outgrown" Plato.

I laff and laff.
>>
>>9759033
>1. They think use of general plot devices = rip off
>2. especially when they have to name 3 works, going "this is like X + Y, sprinkled with Z. total rip off"
>3. They judge book quality by actions of the characters or palatability of events that happen in the book.
>>
>>9759033
Intellectual virtue signaling using well known classics
>>
They browse /lit/
>>
>>9759037
see
>>9759079
>>
favourite book is 1984
>>
>>9759092
Spot on.
>>
>>9759081
this, the catalog is pretty iredeemable at this point. I used to get at least a recommendation or two a week, at this point Goodreads is the goto
>>
File: 37e.jpg (38KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
37e.jpg
38KB, 500x351px
>>9759079
HOLY SHIT /LIT/ BTFO
>>
File: 12685tn.jpg (10KB, 380x205px) Image search: [Google]
12685tn.jpg
10KB, 380x205px
>>9759033
>What are the most common signs that someone is a newbe reader?
(See picture). The lobule is usually triangular shaped. You will notice that the cavum has the color pink (like a shrimp kind pink, not piglet like pink). Overall you might notice asymmetric ears (so one ear is larger as the other, a very clear sign of a newby reader). Compared to the overall facial features when the newby walks his ears move with the steps being made.
>>
>>9759105
OK reddit
>>
>>9759081
>>9759105
Newbie readers detected. (You're both browsing /lit/.)
>>
>>9759033
They have a "top 100" list
>>
>>9759115
Aww someone hasn't read 100 books. Welcome newbie
>>
A newbie thinks he is not a newbie, while the non-newbie thinks he isn't, which makes him a newbie too
>>
File: Pour-one-for-the-homies.jpg (9KB, 225x170px) Image search: [Google]
Pour-one-for-the-homies.jpg
9KB, 225x170px
>>9759083

>posts a second time simply to direct me to his post critiquing virtue signalling and can't see the sad irony behind this

Self-made BTFO moment. Good one.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.