[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long do Penguin Classics last?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2761.jpg (34KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2761.jpg
34KB, 300x168px
How long do Penguin Classics last?
>>
>>9757660
Half a day. They'll be rotted away by tomorrow, just gotta buy them again. Sorry m8 u fukd up
>>
File: every day.png (114KB, 342x444px) Image search: [Google]
every day.png
114KB, 342x444px
>>9757660
>>
>>9757704
Are you serious?
>>
>>9757980
Hes jokeing they dont rot away, the glue that binds them merely degrades and the pages fallout.

Penguins are kind of like condoms great single use however whilst they can technically be reused its a bad idea.
>>
I've noticed this meme making the rounds lately that penguin classics aren't so bad.

They absolutely are. Some of them have barely acceptable binding, most of them are absolute shit. Some of them have decent paper, most are acidic as Beijing rain. And they're all printed with garbage ink that fades with the touch of an eraser.

Fuck penguin classics. Also shit translators 9/10 times.
>>
>>9757660
They're not something you should build your collection with, they're just for reading once or twice.
>>
>>9757980
I live on Venus.
>>
>>9758115
/thread
>>
I have a stack of the 1950s first ones at home; and they are a mixed bunch, I am guessing on account of the paper used at different times: some are in great condition, some are falling apart to the touch.

Modern editions should be ok for a couple of decades, again, depends on the paper.
>>
>>9757660
The paper has already turned brown as you posted this.
>>
>>9758115
What about the older Penguin Classics that had the color coded bars on the spine? I've had a few of them in my library since the early 2000s and they've held up well.
>>
>>9757660
The Penguin Classic of Joyce's Dubliners with an introduction and notes by Terrence Brown is excellent.
>>
fucking forever stop making this thread who cares what your computer screen says are you seriously letting fucking retards on the internet make you feel self conscious about some stupid shit like what books you buy just do things jesus christ
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.