[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God, what the fuck? I try to read well, and understand what I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 12279.jpg (24KB, 292x475px) Image search: [Google]
12279.jpg
24KB, 292x475px
God, what the fuck? I try to read well, and understand what I'm reading. But this book doesn't seem to want me to do that. I'm on page 3, and I've been reading this thing cripplingly slow, trying to make heads or tales of what it's saying. Now I just feel frustrated, because it doesn't seem to make any sense.
>>
File: IMG_4787.jpg (13KB, 250x174px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4787.jpg
13KB, 250x174px
>>9757174
>Reading Beckett seriously

Literal quote from Sammy

>"I think the next little bit of excitement is flying. I hope I am not too old to take it up seriously, nor too stupid about machines to qualify as a commercial pilot. I do not feel like spending the rest of my life writing books that no one will read. It is not as though I wanted to write them."

Compare this with Jerome

>"There is a marvelous peace in not publishing. … It's peaceful. Still. Publishing is a terrible invasion of my privacy. I like to write. I live to write. But I write just for myself and my own pleasure. … I don't necessarily intend to publish posthumously, but I do like to write for myself. … I pay for this kind of attitude. I'm known as a strange, aloof kind of man. But all I'm doing is trying to protect myself and my work."

Life is short. Read what excites u
>>
You're supposed to speculate what the first part is about. It makes more sense towards the end of the novel. Just push through anon, but enjoy the prose. I'm on page 100 and it's day 2, I'm not a great reader by any stretch, but I let myself enjoy the prose.
>>
>>9757174
i've been reading it for about 4 days now, the first half of molloy was crippling at times, but also very very funny. the second half is like a breath of fresh air. I very much like the way he writes, hypnotic as hell. I hear the unnamable is the least comprehensible, so hopefully enough good will is gathered for the tough spots.
>>
>>9757217
hey, beckett buddies. yo
>>
Try to read it aloud. Beckett is great spoken
>>
>>9757199
Beckett was depressive, but off he wanted people to read him and people do.
>>
beckett is one of the greatest writers of the 20th century
>>
>>9757199
I am going to filter any post with the words "life is short" in them.
>>
>>9757199
but beckett is very widely read, so he did what he set out to do
>>
>>9757678
Life is short when your spending your time doing stuff you don't enjoy
STR8888888 UUUUUUPPPPP (long reverb)
>>
File: IMG_4856.gif (2MB, 320x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4856.gif
2MB, 320x220px
>>9757671
>>
File: IMG_5645.jpg (37KB, 307x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5645.jpg
37KB, 307x499px
>>9757678
>>
>>9757248
This. Especially the Trilogy followed by Watt. The sense of rhythm of insane.
>>
315 farts an hour.
>>
>>9757174
Buy pic related
>>
Imma let you guys in on a secret between me and beckett. The unnamable is an erect dick, with one eye that leaks and no limbs, who has anthropomorphized his back story to believing he used to be a man. Ma (n)hood and the worm are his alter egos . If i read another lit crit piece about the ontological unknowability of the unnameable i will shit myself, the dumb bastards.
>>
>>9757174
What am I missing? I'm about 90 pages into Molloy and it seems like a cakewalk so far. What do people find so difficult about it?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.