[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reading Groups!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Capture.png (293KB, 310x494px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
293KB, 310x494px
Join /lit/cord friends. We have some exciting reading groups coming up, including

>Joseph and His Brothers by Thomas Mann
A mammoth work considered by Mann to be his magnum opus. Composed over 16 years, Mann retells twenty-odd chapters of Genesis in a sweeping, 2000 page narrative. The book touches on culture, storytelling/mythmaking, individualism, and the usual erudite topics that Mann is known for, infused with a heavy dosage of Biblical mysticism of the sort that fascinated Mann more and more as he aged.

-Celestial Harmonies by Peter Esterhazy
Esterhazy is a descendant of the old, prominent Hungarian noble family, possibly best remembered today for its patronage of Joseph Haydn. The book chronicles the history of the family through a fictional lens that is nonetheless intimately tied with European history over the past few centuries. The narrative is deceptively simple, but actually nonlinear, and gradually reveals the trajectory of Esterhazy history, often as a metaphor for broader themes.

>The Tartar Steppe by Dino Buzzati
A desolate picture of a young soldier wandering the vast, titular steppes, as a meditation on the human condition and the eternal questions of ambition, glory, and man's search for meaning.

>The works of Richard Powers
A couple of us are taking the Powers-pill and exploring a very exciting contemporary novelist, who has some of the best literary depictions of the troubled by inextricable connection between science and the arts in the modern world. Currently reading The Echo Maker.

https://discord.gg/TgjNuAs
>>
>actually reading

get out. this is /lit/
>>
dude! i have a copy of that, but i was always paranoid to read it in case he takes liberties with the biblical tales and makes me confused about what's in the bible or not, maybe i'll finally read it tho probably not
>>
I got perma banned from the discord a few month back.
>>
>>9756463
I'd love reading Joesph & his bros but I think my body is not ready yet, got Doctor Faustus laying on my night table, will read magic mountain after that and then I might dare to takle this beast
>>
>>9756882
Doctor Faustus is great man; have you read his earlier shorter stuff like Death in Venice?
>>
>>9756463
Is this the one group with the illiterate arab girl and her faggy orbiters?
>>
>>9757448
no that's the other one
>>
>>9757448
>>9757448
Tell me more.
>>
>>9756463
That pretentious top 100 stunt really turned me off your jam, man, sorry.
>>
>>9757410
ye have read Death in Venice, Tonio Kröger and Buddenbrooks before
>>
>>9758515
Apology accepted. Let's hope you learn from your mistake and stop being a whiny, easily triggered faggot.
>>
File: ester.jpg (54KB, 268x332px) Image search: [Google]
ester.jpg
54KB, 268x332px
>>9758515
lmao stfu bitch nigga
>>
I heard one of the reasons Joseph and co. is so long is Thomas Mann's scenic descriptions of Egypt, Canaan, and areas of the Orient, which were sorely missing from the Bible itself
>>
>>9758910
Really, when you write like this, what makes us think you have anything worthwhile to say? There's nothing different about this shitposting from any other. And I honestly had respect for you before all this.
>>
>>9759843
>he thinks everyone that posts on 4chan is one person

Amazing newfaggotry
>>
>>9759312
he looks like he's into some very degenerate sex acts
>>
>>9760050
wow, just fucking wow.
>>
>>9760050
Amazon newfaggotry
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.