[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good books about Egypt? I was thinking about the pyramids

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (23KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 300x168px
Any good books about Egypt? I was thinking about the pyramids earlier today and realized I didn't really know anything about the country and any literature that may have come from there.
>>
For fiction there's just it's mythology
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duat

If no one here can recommend an up to date non-fiction, maybe /hist/ can help you out.

I've been watching youtubes on Gobekli Tepe and Graham Hancock quoted a Greek who said something like "Egypt mirrors the heavens"
>>
Handbook to Life in Ancient Egypt by Rosalie David
Ancient Egypt: Anatomy of a Civilization by Barry Kemp
The Complete Gods and Goddesses of Ancient Egypt by Richard H. Wilkinson
Death and Salvation in Ancient Egypt by Jan Assmann

The Instructions of Kagemni
The Maxims of Ptahhotep
The Instructions of Amenemhat
The Loyalist Teaching
>>
>>9756684
>>9756707
Thank you both. Lots of stuff to chew on here.
>>
>>9756374
If you're into fantasy apparently Michael Johnston's 'Soleri' is supposed to be like an Egyptian Game of Thrones. Just saw it on a website today so I figured I'd mention it.
>>
>>9756374
if you can deal with the relentless buttfucking, there's Norman Mailer's "Ancient Evenings".

if you actually like the relentless buttfucking, there's "The Western Lands" by William Burroughs.
>>
>>9756684
>For fiction there's just it's mythology
t. Someone who doesn't know about Egyptian literature.

There are a handful of literary works that are not mythological in nature that have survived. Some of which are quite interesting, like Sinuhe.
>>
File: TLIM_still1-640x360.png (225KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
TLIM_still1-640x360.png
225KB, 640x360px
>>9757806
>Sinuhe
Thank you. All these threads asking about Egyptian literature and this is the first I've heard about it
>>
>>9757931
lol

> This laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand
> is miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.