[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now the dust has settled, may we claim that Schlomo truly was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: FreudCigar200.jpg (20KB, 200x278px) Image search: [Google]
FreudCigar200.jpg
20KB, 200x278px
Now the dust has settled, may we claim that Schlomo truly was on to something or must we regard his thought as utterly fantastical instead?
>>
Freud was definitely onto a lot; before him people thought that mental illness was a matter of poor reasoning, that people were motivated solely by their rational self interest and anyone who wasn't was insane to some degree; he exposed human comportment for the thinly veiled savagery it really is.
>>
>>9756076
He nailed the jewish mental sickness but projected this onto non-jews and was wrong about most everything else.
>>
Freud was a kook, even for his time. It was the literary "quality" of his work that appealed to people. That's something I especially like about pre-20th century literature, never have to read a reference to some freudian shit.
His contemporary Kraepelin had better ideas about mental illness.
>>
>>9756087

>Schopenhauer was definitely onto a lot; before him people thought that mental illness was a matter of poor reasoning, that people were motivated solely by their rational self interest and anyone who wasn't was insane to some degree; he exposed human comportment for the thinly veiled savagery it really is.

Ftfy brainlet
>>
>>9756076
Most of what he got right was stolen from Jung.
>>
>>9756148
>He nailed the jewish mental sickness but projected this onto non-jews and was wrong about most everything else.

Same with Reich.
>>
>>9756076
He was a genius. Great writer too
>>
>>9756148
>>9756167
>>9756175
All these incorrect posts wew lad
>>
>>9756198

Stay blasted brainlet

Freud was a hack and a plagiarist
>>
>>9756308
>a hack
>triggering people like you to this day with his profoundly unorthodox truths about human nature
>>
>>9756175
Schopenhauer's influence vs. Freud's is directly proportional to the skill and insight of each respectively.
>>
>>9756076
>more than a century later
>people are still assblasted by Freud's unwavering dedication to telling the truth regardless of how uncomfortable it made people feel
You would think /lit/ would admire such a man. The society we see around us today was built by Freud and engineered by his disciples, from advertising and marketing to store design and the paint colors on the walls.
>>
>>9756541
I suppose that it is rather the queerness of his pseudo-scientific thought that accounts for the lack of admiration
>>
>>9756541
too true, my mang. Happy Bastille Day.
>>
>>9756308
>Freud was a plagiarist
How?
>>
File: barbie-museum-prague.jpg (146KB, 552x887px) Image search: [Google]
barbie-museum-prague.jpg
146KB, 552x887px
>>9757134
Being influenced probably means plagiarism to him
>>
>>9757313

fuck off you waste of air

All of Freud's bad ideas were original; all his good ones were plagiarized, either from Schoppy or Fritz. Freud himself admitted that he had to stop reading Nietzsche for fear he would have nothing left to explain.

this >>9756087

is textbook Schopenhauer. Freud didn't invent shit but a bunch of idiosyncratic disorders and neuroses

Freud is a classic example of da Vinci's ugly painter
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.