[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally copped a copy of The Gulag Archipelago V1.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

All the Jordan Peterson memes got me hyped to read it. What am I in for?
>>
>>9753694
>copped
when did this meme start
>>
>>9753707
years ago on /fa/

>>9753694
remember that a lot of the book cannot be verified by other people and it based on his word of what others said.
>>
>>9753707
it's fucking hip-hop slang that's been around forever, what's next you will wonder where calling something "cool" started?
>>
>>9753722
well they need to go back

>>9753835
i forgot culturally appropriating ebonics is the hip thing to do now
>>
>>9753694
Folklore
>>
>>9753694
Real history mixed in with hearsay. Spectacularly written.
>>
>>9753694
A great fucking book

>>9754251
Are you a fucking retard?
>>
>>9754265
http://www.nytimes.com/1974/02/06/archives/solzhenitsyns-exwife-says-gulag-is-folklore.html
>>
>>9753722
>>9754251

>remember that a lot of the book cannot be verified by other people and it based on his word of what others said.

It is pretty much corroborated by the amount of soviets that have experienced similar stuff in the gulags.

It's basically like saying this particular jews version of the holocaust cannot be fully proved therefore the holocaust must not have happened.

Of course this criticism was expected to come from the Marxists backed up by Soviet itself.

Just look at how people still try to disprove the holocaust even though the nazigermany fell in 1945.
>>
>>9754271
it doesn't matter. so was the protocols.
>>
>>9754271
Anne Applebaum says it's mostly accurate
>>
>>9753694
it's kind of a pointless read since he can't really prove anything
so if you are anti-lefty you will just have your already existing opinion affirmed and can circle jerk about it with other right wingers
and if you are leftypol you will disagree with his argument
>>
>>9754271
Oh my god, you mean the ex-wife whom he refused to have kids with, had several affairs with, and who lived and died in Soviet russia might have a bone to pick with him?

Honestly though, it is very likely that she was part of a KGB scheme to discredit the book. Just google it and you'll find plenty of sources.
>>
>>9754271
>His KGB influenced EX wife is ass blasted about his book.

WOAH that really made me ponder.
>>
>>9754288
>>9754286
Imagine having this much skepticism towards the US and the CIA.
>>
>>9754282
Here is where you are wrong though. This book is not a fucking political argument you moron. It's a description of an actual crime against of humanity. There are plenty of books detailing the gulag expierence. Alexander Solzhenitsyn's is not even close to being a primary source.
>>
>>9754282
The subtitle of the book is "An Experiment in Literary Investigation." It's worth reading just for Solzhenitsyn's voice and insight, regardless of its historicity. It's primarily literature, not history.
>>
>>9754286
with whom, not whom with
>>
File: AMAGNUMIG_10311569621.jpg (94KB, 1024x678px) Image search: [Google]
AMAGNUMIG_10311569621.jpg
94KB, 1024x678px
Didacticist trash or glorified journalism, but not literature.
>>
>>9754273
>It's basically like saying this particular jews version of the holocaust cannot be fully proved therefore the holocaust must not have happened.
Gulag archipelago btfo
>>
>>9754273
Or maybe it's like saying human soap and lampshades weren't real.
>>
>>9753694
Fascist propaganda
>>
You're in for the literary equivalent of being hit in the head with a sack of bricks. I don't understand how anyone could say this is a "favorite" book of theirs. It's so incredibly depressing and bleak that it should be impossible to enjoy reading it. It may be a worthwhile experience, in a way, but you are not in for a fun time.
>>
>>9756441
This. I have to stop every few paragraphs because it's too surreal for me and he does a good job at making me feel anger too. I'm not very far in the book.
>>
>>9753835
I wasn't talking about the word. I meant when is stealing considered acceptable behaviour?
>>
File: 51695.jpg (58KB, 310x475px) Image search: [Google]
51695.jpg
58KB, 310x475px
>>9753694
>Peepee
>Jordan Peterson
Don't be a retarded reactionary.

>>9755797
Fascist propaganda against fascists?
Irrelevant
>>
>>9754292
I do
>>
night by elie wiesel but very long and not about yids so frogniggers can pretend to have read it
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.