[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone read tractatus?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (5KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 194x260px
>>
>>9752620
I much prefer Hitler's thoughts instead of these continental language games. But it's worth bearing in mind that Wittgeinstein supported the Nazi movement, and for that he earns my respect
>>
>>9752631
We all enjoy Hitler, but Wittgenstein is good too. I wouldn't say he's either continental or analytic though.
>>
pleb shit by a hack
>>
>>9752620

Yep. Just about done with PI.

>>9752631

Despite being on the Continent, Witty is not regarded as a continental. And despite discussing language at some length, he doesn't coin "language games" as such in this particular work.
>>
>>9752654
PI is where he does language games, right? I'd like to get into Witty, I'm getting his blue and brown books soon. I feel I need to be more familiar with Russell to get into the tractatus.
>>
>>9752661

The thing is (I have like 30 pages left so let me be careful, specifically it's most of "xi" in Part 2 that I haven't yet read) that for much of the text, he doesn't "invoke" or "refer" explicitly to "language games" as such, either - except for a few clear examples toward the very beginning. Instead he sketches various possibilities of confusion as like concepts, words etc are either applied or suggested to be applied to such-and-such situations.
>>
>>9752631
source
>>
I read it up to the point where he started adding in equations and that's when I knew he was just bullshitting
>>
I liked the part where he talks about Aristotle.
>>
Didn't his followers develop his ideas more? I'm thinking of people like Anscombe
>>
>>9753064
>what is symbolic logic and who was frege, whitehead, and russel?

These are the people posting about philosophy.
Yes, OP Ive read it. Is that all you wanted to know?
>>
Read the baker/hacker commentaries or gtfo
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.