[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Importance of physical books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 124ezujkfg.jpg (254KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
124ezujkfg.jpg
254KB, 500x322px
How important are physical books for you? E-readers obviously have advantages but I just miss the smell of normal books.
>>
I can't write on an ereader page and that alone makes me prefer physical books.
>>
Also do you think the act of physically turning the page can help concentration?
>>
>>9752246
I don't like scrolling through a neverending wall of text. I need to turn pages and see how thick is the clump of pages I read through that day.

Also, shelves of books are aesthetic.
>>
>>9752273
You can take notes

I've never cared about the "experience" of reading physical books but if you prefer reading them just do it, unless you want to save money or take advantage of things like implemented wikipedia or dictionary
>>
If it wasn't for physical books, I would have never started my semen collection
>>
i have too many paper books, have switched to digital.
>>
>>9752297
It motivates me to keep reading. It also makes you look smart when people come around, especially girls.
>>
>>9752246
I just find it harder for some reason to read ebooks

I wish I could read them just as easily as I do physical books because I really don't have a problem with them otherwise and they are definitely more versatile
>>
>>9752297
For me occasionally running my finger under the sentences I'm reading helps focus my mind, and I can't do that with touch screen e-readers
>>
>>9752246
I get what I can find in my ereader and the rest in physical books. I live in a dorm and don't feel like carting a hundred books around.

>>9752273
What are sticky notes?
>>
>>9752246
I prefer physical books

However, the best ereader I have ever tried was a first generation kindle that I bought for 40 bucks

It's honestly the next best thing
>>
I've never used an ereader and I don't wanna
>>
>>9752246
I only fuck with physical books. Gf got me a kindle 4 years ago read one thing on it never touched it again. Threw it out like a month ago. I dont even read articles online. Just check email and see what you turds are up to. Fuck screens they rot your mind
>>
motivation tbqh.
i've downloaded hundreds of books online and i dont think ive read one of them. for whatever reason having physical books motivates me to read them more
>>
>>9752642
get an ereader without touchscreen? Old models are great for this, they also don't have background lights for more authenticity

>>9752836
Yeah, I think this is different when you actually BUY the ebook, but again then you can just buy a physical book
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.