[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legal Studies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: giphy (1).gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
1MB, 480x270px
Can anyone suggest a book going over Legal Writing and the motions of court? i.e. the phases, what sort of petitions you can make, when it comes time to present evidence, etc
>>
bump pls help
>>
Why are you writing about things you know nothing of, again?
>>
>>9750986
you realize that people in the us study about 3 years of law school?
you also do realize that people in germany for example do 7 years of law school?
but sure. there is this one book that covers it all
>>
>>9750986
Federal Rules of Civil Procedure

have fun!
>>
>>9751586
I'm reading to learn how to do those things, as is customary in school.

>>9751595
There are books which give "brief" introductions to those topics.

>>9751599
Thank you
>>
>>9751605
>as is customary in school.
In what manner of shithole do you live, that getting your education from 4chan would be customary in school?
>>
>>9751609
I'm poor and learning the basics of the judicial system using online resources, primarily by finding required reading material listed on prominent legal university course syllabi listings and finding them online to read on my own.
>>
>>9751623
im a t14 lawfag, if you have any more targeted questions i might be able to answer them (please nothing that takes 3 seconds on google though)
>>
>>9751629
Favorite case and why?
>>
>>9751635
Anything with a Holmes opinion, whether he's writing for the majority or in dissent. In terms of the fact pattern, Fetter v. Beale is pretty hilarious imo>

If you're the kind of person who is mentally prepped for the west to naturally select itself out of existence in the near future, it's hard not to take a sympathetic view of Holmes. His Lochner opinion is probably one of the most famous ever, although most of his proponents are dithering retards.
>>
>>9751710
I'll look that up, thanks.

I was reading "Understanding Intellectual Property Law" which mentioned an Railway Labor Executives' Ass'n v. Gibbons supreme court decision and the proceedings of that trial were amazing.

A railroad company goes under and files for reconstruction. Illinois court grants reconstruction, gives orders. Orders carried out by Trustee. Labor, organized by various unions under the Executive's Assn, strike and bankrupt the company a second time after 4 1/2 years good standing. Court says reorganization not possible, orders Trustee to liquidate assets.

Unions petition Government for help. Congress signs law dividing up liquidated assets between Labor working for the company, signed by Reagan. Bankruptcy court says it's violation of 5th's Just Takings Clause, rejects it. Congress amends by saying the Bankruptcy court can't do that and signs it again. Bankruptcy court again injuncts against Congress, proceeds to District court which holds it does violate the 5th, goes to Supreme.

Supreme Court holds that the Act signed by Congress violates the Bankruptcy Clause of the Enumerated powers by not being "uniform", throws it out. Liquidated assets are divided up normally between creditors.

I like this a lot because a) some small bankruptcy court spit in the face of congress and the president and won, and b) it prevented a precedent where unions could bankrupt a company by being cocksuckers and then have congress give them the leftovers of the company they just bankrupted.

take that reagan you fucking commie
>>
>>9751750
reorganization, not reconstruction*
>>
try reading the advance sheets; the Southern Reporter, Northeast Reporter, etc.
>>
>>9751599
I'm like 20% through this and I just realized there are like 8 different Federal Rules documents and then a variation of each for each state, holy fuck
>>
>>9753129
you should be able to find templates/samples for specific jurisdictions
>>
>>9750986
Get a casebook on Civil Procedure and a copy of a supplement with the FRCP to start.
>>
Did you finish studying law in its entirety yet OP?
>>
File: df7WHY9.png (323KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
df7WHY9.png
323KB, 1920x1080px
>>9756774
Making good progress!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.