[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greatest books ever written

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: greatest book .jpg (134KB, 300x449px) Image search: [Google]
greatest book .jpg
134KB, 300x449px
I think this book is one of the greatest ever written.
>>
>>9749721
its not
>>
you have to be 18 to post here
>>
Ulysses is the greatest book ever written my parents have been fighting alot
>>
File: portrait_cover_2.jpg (27KB, 385x582px) Image search: [Google]
portrait_cover_2.jpg
27KB, 385x582px
>>9749721
>>
>>9749721
Do ya?
>>
>>9749721
I read it expecting something amazing.
Extremely disappointed.
It wasn't bad, the prose was sometimes beautiful and the party life they had going on was somewhat melancholic to me but at the end of the day it felt rushed and empty. I never really cared about Gatsby's past nor his love with the cousin. I was more interested in the affair of the husband of the cousin of the narrator.
6'5/10. The expectations killed it for me.
>>
To me, gatsby, like Moby Dick before it, is great because of its overwhelming and terminal final passage, juxtaposed with the complex and dirty human condition that proceeds it.
>>
>>9749721
Baby's first book. Try reading more
>>
Ignore the pseuds here. Gatsby is a great work. Yes, it comes off as breezy and simple, but you try writing something breezy, simple, yet this haunting.
>>
High school tier literature
>>
>>9750079
What is baby's second book? Asking for a friend.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.