[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bet you're too pleb to double fist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

File: twobooks.jpg (202KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
twobooks.jpg
202KB, 1152x2048px
I bet you're too pleb to double fist
>>
why is it only the blacks that can do this
>>
i'm definitely below this dude's level
>>
>>9748837
Superior genes
>>
Can anyone ID the books he's reading?
>>
>>9748851
looks like Idris Elba on the cover
>>
>>9748855
Every black man is not idris elba
>>
>>9748858
yea but at least some of them are
>>
if you know how to develop multiple lines of sight, you can do all this and more. when i want to get through multiple volumes of books, i usually hold at least two volumes in my hands, reading two lines at a time with both eyes. a bit of a challenge sometimes but get it right & it makes for quadruple reading value
>>
>his giant penis is also reading one
>>
>>9748884
i would say about half of black men are in fact Idris Elba
>>
>>9748887
>not just listening to the audiobook at 2x speed
>>
>>9748832
fucking chameleons
>>
File: sadmegumin.png (587KB, 933x720px) Image search: [Google]
sadmegumin.png
587KB, 933x720px
>>9748832
>that crisp hat
>those sweet shades
>that intellectual look of pure serenity
>that dapper pink tie
>that smooth tan suit
>those tasteful shoes
>that shapely bag
>doubling down on his reading diet
>on the subway

Even a single shitpost on /lit/ from this man would raise our credibility to ten times what it usually is.
>>
>>9748832
After a history of illiteracy, the blacks have discovered a power that lay dormant inside them
>>
File: 1493675060831.jpg (451KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1493675060831.jpg
451KB, 900x1200px
>>9748832
>>
File: NasIllmatic[1].jpg (31KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
NasIllmatic[1].jpg
31KB, 300x300px
Why do African-Americans in particular have this psuedo-intellectual mindset? Regular black people are just levelheaded but there's something about black american culture that makes them want to constantly prove that they're intellectuals
>>
>>9750129
kek
>>
>>9750139
>Oh shit a black person might actually be smarter than me, how do I try and devalue it?
>>
>>9750157
There are plenty of black people smarter than me. I'm just saying that reading two books at once (one of looks like its a Kevin Hart biography lel) while wearing a nifty suit is a definite African-American thing. Same as rappers coming up with lines like: "Not bisexual; I'm an intellectual"
>>
>>9750129

JEJ
>>
>>9750151
>>9750302
What is so funny about that image you laughing faggots.
>>
>>9750139
>there's something about black american culture that makes them want to constantly prove that they're intellectuals

I'm guessing you don't live in America? The dominant black culture here is the anti-intellectual gangster culture.

Many of them who somehow don't fall into this culture try desperately to be intellectual because they subconsciously suspect that their race is mentally inferior (including themselves).

It's the same reason we have the "we wuz kangz".
>>
>>9750129
kek
>>
File: yakub.jpg (183KB, 774x643px) Image search: [Google]
yakub.jpg
183KB, 774x643px
>>9750341
Judging by the Nas picture he was talking about the We Wuz crowd. Most of the "intelligent rappers from the golden age of hip hop" were/are 5 percenters.
>>
>>9749371
>le megumeme
You leaving this board forever would also increase its quality tenfold
>>
>>9749351
>not listening to audiobooks at 2x speed with each earbud reading a different book
>>
>>9750310
You seriously can't tell it's edited? You dirty fucking nigger lover
>>
>>9750139
Their entire heritage is a prolonged humiliation. They're the offspring of blacks caught by other superior blacks in Africa and sold to whitey/kikey and then kept as farm animals for centuries.

Being a slave descendant African-American is probably the saddest thing you can be and that leads to an understandable inferiority complex.
>>
>>9750645
check this out if you want to have some laffs:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakub_(Nation_of_Islam)
>>
>>9751084
>probably the saddest thing you can be
ever head of non American Africans? they should be glad to live in the US and if they're not they can always move to fucking Africa if they hate whities so much.
>>
>>9751096
This doesn't even make sense in the context of the comment you're replying to. Moving back to Africa doesn't make them not the descendants of losers and them hating themselves doesn't have much to do with hating white people.
>>
>>9748884
noice
>>
>>9750129
lel
>>
File: 1494532844354.jpg (89KB, 662x700px) Image search: [Google]
1494532844354.jpg
89KB, 662x700px
>>9751093
I'm fully aware of that. A lot of people thought it was just a dumb /pol/ meme but I'd known about it before /pol/ or /new/ or /n/ existed. "Intelligent" black "people" are funny.
>>
yakub was real thought
>>
>>9748832
>>9750129
why is it always on the philadelphia subway??
>>
>>9750139
I think you mean white people.
>>
>>9750165
>"Not bisexual; I'm an intellectual"
did you improperly capitalize just to disturb my tism
>>
DANG
>>
>>9752341
There's nothing improperly capitalized in that, dumbshit.
>>
>>9750165
dont take it out of context bro

>my styles switches like a faggot
>but not bisexual; i'm an intellectual

it's funny to see academics celebrating the 20 years anniversary of illmatic it's filled with safe-space destroying homophobia
>>
File: l-75731-m-25218-en-pr-5[1].jpg (550KB, 1200x659px) Image search: [Google]
l-75731-m-25218-en-pr-5[1].jpg
550KB, 1200x659px
I mean, it's obviously a metaphor.
>>
I doublefist drinks, at least.

But all I gained from that is alcoholic neuropathy, throat cancer and a damaged liver, so.
>>
>>9749788
Lol ok usually racist jokes on 4chan are infantile/unimaginative at best but this ones was good.
>>
>>9750165
Yeah dude any other black person would find this odd too. I don't know how you've come to construct this image of black american culture but it's a bit off mate lol
>>
>>9753549
Don't forget that the shit I write is even tougher than dykes

t.guy who has illmatic stuck in his car's CD player
>>
>>9754215
p sure it's stuff that I write senpai
>>
File: OC.jpg (301KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
OC.jpg
301KB, 576x1024px
>>
>>9753882
That's not called doublefisting, that's called being a drug-addicted jackass who willingly poisons himself.
>>
>>9750129
>blocks ur path
>asks you if you're an intellectual
>>
>>9748884
At least ONE of them are
>>
>>9754771
kek
>>
File: IMG_0087.jpg (42KB, 342x236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0087.jpg
42KB, 342x236px
>>9754646
>reading Plato on the subway
>Parmenides, struggling to understand
>black guy next to me glances over
>"Are you an intellectual ?"
>"Not really."
>"That's why you read Plato"
>he smiles and leaves a few stations later
>come home and try thinking of comebacks in the shower

what the fuck
>>
>>9750139
as an american black, intellectual culture is a white man's game.

now, if you mean winning, a constant desire to win and cheat and beat everything else, despite being totally incompetent mentally, then yes, niggas want to be intellectuals, not for cherishing the light fluffy crust of thought, but because they think it's something to win and that's all, the word "intellectual" usually means "why you talking like YT" otherwise.
>>
>>9750129
topkek this is great
>>
>>9753541
'Not' isn't the first word in the quoted sentence, actual dumbshit.
>>
>>9754890
Fuck you. You can't relive the past, fag.
>>
>>9754978

It's an old pasta.
>>
File: Ba-a-a-adassss.jpg (156KB, 700x1051px) Image search: [Google]
Ba-a-a-adassss.jpg
156KB, 700x1051px
>>9751954
This.
>>
>>9750139
I think it's a vicious circle of there not being too many legitimate black intellectuals, so when black people try to venture into new ideas and look to black writers their options are: Nation of Islam numerology bullshit, modern academic sociological ressentiment, the repetitive and narrow ideology of postcolonial studies, Afrocentric history, the navel-gazing of critical race theory, and the shallow analysis of black pop culture that masquerades as representing a deeper truth when all it offers is high school-tier essays on rap songs. There are of course good black intellectuals (mostly historians on Africa and slavery) but they get none of the coverage of their more provocative colleagues.

All this is made worse by white academics who try to encourage "the Black voice" by allowing subpar scholarship to go without valid criticism. The condescension of whites too cowardly to even consider the possibility of a black writer being wrong is one of the biggest obstacles to fostering actually valuable black writing.
>>
>>9756252
There are a ton of black academics but you are just too much of a pseud to know them.
>>
>>9756262
i never implied that there weren't. all i'm saying is the ones who get coverage, the ones who would be recognizable to someone just starting to read "serious" literature, are mostly from the categories i listed. it's just more likely that people will be attracted to provocative but shitty writers like coates rather than drier more valuable writers like henry louis gates
>>
>>9756294
Love him or hate him, le black science man is at least one of the most prominent and reasonable black academic role models
>>
>>9756262
>tfw my old african-american history professor croaked and they named a "cultural institute" in the school after him, so now generations of students will probably think he was some rich white guy who donated a bunch of money, but i'll always have the life experience of being in his class and having to do my presentation by myself because i was to autistic to get a partner and then after doing a pretty good job if i do say so myself he asked me about the role of the church in the post-reconstruction african american community or some shit and as an edgy athiest marxist at the time i didn't even bother to study that aspect and i started getting flustered and he was like "it's ok it's ok you did pretty well"
>>
>>9756294
Yeah that is actually reasonable, sorry for the snarkiness
>>
>>9756311
Lol. Sounds like fun times.
>>
>>9754646
Amazing shop
>>
>>9756311
Why would you be taking african-american history lessions?
>>
>>9756327
whoa i didnt think anyones ever apologized to me here. respect
>>
>>9756392
I'm sorry to hear that.
>>
>>9756294
if you can find it, back in the 90s The Teaching Company, who now make those Great Courses classes, did a series called Superstar Professors or something, and they had one with Willam W. Cook from Dartmouth called US Literary History, it was only released on cassette, but you can find torrents of it, shit is amazing, dude is so underrated, but unfortunately i just saw he actually passed last spring...i couldn't find any talks or lectures by him anywhere other than the aforementioned lecture series, and this is the only video of him i could find anywhere on the internet at all, and if you're racist then you're really going to hate it, but assuming you are earnestly seeking dank african-american scholars you can get a sense of his erudition from it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DNLeD33ukw
>>
>>9756392
Eh brother it is good to admit when I'm wrong. No religion higher than truth.
>>
>>9750129
t. newb photoshooper
>>
>>9750129
>are you an intellectual?
>>
>>9750657
>telling a weeb to leave a board for bookweebs
Go outside.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.