[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's that writing career coming along, anon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1486347764145.png (103KB, 624x434px) Image search: [Google]
1486347764145.png
103KB, 624x434px
How's that writing career coming along, anon?
>>
I jack off 6 times a day, drink a bottle of wine, smoke about 1/2 a gram of weed, eat 10mg of valium.

Its going well.

6 months ago i had a short story published in my local paper. the editor took 400 words out of it without asking.
>>
I just got over the realization that i'm simply not intelligent enough to be a good writer. Everything I write - no matter how good the concept seems in my head, turns to absolute shit on paper. I can't write a fucking short story, much less the grand novel I envision on the ever-brink of tomorrow.

I'm going to spend the rest of my life rotting away as a sad English teacher; constantly reminded of my own inability. I've fantasized quite a bit lately about abandoning civilized life and just escaping into the far reaches of the wild, off the grid, becoming something akin to a feral man who lives on my own terms: making it as king-beast or dying as is just, in nature. I think i'll either end up doing that or just killing myself, i'm not really sure yet.
>>
>>9748508
>English teacher
I'm sorry.
>>
I'm in a weird place where I feel like I may be a good writer, but I can't get published. What's funny is I've received lots of good feedback on my stories, but nobody seems to want to go as far as to publish a lot of them. It's a little disheartening to always hear how good your work is, but then also hear that nobody wants to give it a chance.
>>
>>9748508
I also came to the realization that I'm not intelligent. I'm an engineer but I simply cannot create my own unique thoughts and put them down onto paper well. I can only think linearly.

I blame the garbage school systems in my country for only teaching linear problem solving and snuffing creativity.
>>
File: not a dork.png (752KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
not a dork.png
752KB, 800x900px
After 6 years of writing and then deleting it all, I have finally reached a point where I am comfortable with the shit I write. I don't know if I just stopped being such an autistic perfectionist or if I actually achieved perfection, but it feels really nice just being able to write without any problem other than the usual writers block.
>>
>>9748798
Sounds like they're being polite. Not to be a downer but you should focus more on your writing because if you're at least getting niceties then it's got to be decent, which means you can improve.
>>
>>9748951
Perhaps you're right. I've gotten a few short stories published already, and I'm working on a novel right now, but I suppose I can always improve.
>>
>>9748971
Have the will, anon. Press onward where others have stumbled - carry on the torch for those who can't. I'll be rooting for you even if you end up dead tomorrow and I never even knew who you were to begin with.
>>
File: C9rMh2OW0AATNS5.jpg large.jpg (345KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
C9rMh2OW0AATNS5.jpg large.jpg
345KB, 2048x1536px
I'm in a depression that makes me barely capable of functioning, much less being creative.
>>
>>9748508
unironically this, except when I got an English degree I specifically chose not to go the teacher route, as many others did. I think if I attempted to write something it would just read like A Confederacy of Dunces, except probably even more racist, sexist and set in New England instead of New Orleans.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.