[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Becoming post-literature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1024.jpg (111KB, 740x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1024.jpg
111KB, 740x533px
I've read pretty much meme author shilled on this board. I am 30 years old and did a masters in Philosophy and am well acquainted with the classics. Is it possible to reach a point where literature no longer appeals? Ocassionally I order obscure works of philosophy and newer literary fiction but rarely do they keep my interest. I've pretty much exhausted everything that interests me at Half-Price and Barnes and Nobles. What do? Reading is/was my only hobby but now it gives me no pleasure... am I post-literature?
>>
>>9747762

Learn Lacan.
>>
>>9747762
I'm too young to answer that question but I would guess that everybody's passion comes and goes occasionally, and you should just go try something new for a while until you want to come back to reading. Get into art film.
>>
>>9747762
Take the blackpill, read Harry Potter
>>
>>9747772
This. Then read Deleuze.
>>
>>9747762
Start over with the Greeks and work your way back up.
>>
File: hb.jpg (149KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hb.jpg
149KB, 1920x1080px
>>9747762
reread
>>
>>9747762
dude you are never post-literature, there is so much excellent /lit/ that you'd need 3 lifetimes to read everything
>>
>>9747762
Start writing.
>>
>>9747762
In the same boat as you, m8.

You have a humber of options (non-mutually exclusive, mind):

Turn to religion and spirituality, learn a canonical language while you're at it: Latin, Greek, Sanskrit, Tibetan, whatever floats your boat.

Take the equivalent of the Bogpill and seek out the most mindboggling cod philosophy you can and make a deep study of that. The more offbeat and esoteric, the better. (We're talking like borderline occultism stuff here, anon.)

Then start writing the kind of shit you'd want to read yourself. A journal makes a good beginning.

First and foremost though, it sounds like you just need to recharge your batteries and get more fresh air and exercise, and overcome the latent depression you probably have.

Good luck!
>>
Learn a foreign language and start to read books in it. It will be a new challenge and it takes some years to master a foreign language.

It is also good for the brain
>>
Time to study science
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.