[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what book do you think about the most?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: Razor-Blades-1-copy.jpg (27KB, 576x276px) Image search: [Google]
Razor-Blades-1-copy.jpg
27KB, 576x276px
what book do you think about the most?
>>
>>9747666
A Confederacy of Dunces
>>
>>9747689
why? what about it keeps you thinking?
>>
>>9747716
I have a masters degree in English, I'm unemployed, I live with my mom in the South, and I just applied to be a hotdog vendor. It's hard to not think about it.
>>
>>9747666
Being an Time. As somebody with attention issues I 9ften think about authentic being and temporality.

Also, I think of The Denial of Death quite a bit. Particularly the stuff about fearing reaching your pinnacle.
>>
>>9747666

crime and punishment
>>
>>9747744
Shit you got solid first hand material to use. Where's the stand located?
>>
>>9748383
This just missed my cut.
>>
>>9748414
A military base so not as picturesque as New Orleans.
>>
I think this one.
>>
>>9748383
Did Raskolnikov marry Sonya after prison? Did he become a great man after all?
>>
>>9748646
He didn't become a Great Man, but after everything he found a way to become a good man :)
>>
>>9747666
A couple but they only come about every decade or so. The first one was the virgin suicides. I read it as a young teen and it fucked me up. The next was never let me go when It came out. Recently it was J R because it was so consistently funny.
>>
>>9748640
bruh almost done this
is there supposed to be something that happens later in the book or is it going to be about lotte and taht love affair only?
>>
Correction, The Loser, Gravity's Rainbow, Oblivion, Molloy, The Melancholy of Resistance, The Sonnets (Ted Berrigan), Lunch Poems, The Maximus Poems, Burnt Norton
>>
>>9748713
Did anyone else ever think she was prostituting herself to the guards?
>>
Blood Meridian, I can't tell if McCarthy had some deep philisophical meaning hidden in parts of the book or if he was just a depraved maniac with a unique writing style.
>>
Thus Spake Zarathustra, Brothers Karamazov, JR, Buddenbrooks
>>
>>9747666

Infinite Jest.
>>
File: DT2556.jpg (64KB, 491x625px) Image search: [Google]
DT2556.jpg
64KB, 491x625px
The Republic, Beyond Good and Evil, Closing of the American Mind (shut up), and Demons, particularly Stravrogin's conversation with Kirillov: "Suppose you lived on the moon and you did something so incredibly shameful that they'd hold your name in infamy for a thousand years, but you're down here now, and the moon looks so small..." Basically Stavrogin and Kirillov kinda sorta talking each other into suicide.
>>
The Cossacks, Crime & Punishment
>>
>>9747666
The Bible.
>>
The Recognitions and Portrait of the Artist
>>
Better Never to Have Been: The Harm of Coming into Existence

I've been thinking about translating it into Finnish.
>>
Probably The Book of Disquiet, The Castle and Nausea.
>>
>>
>>9747666
Ecce Homo, mostly because it reads like 4chan, i love it though. "Lived through the summer like a shadow in St. Moritz..."
>>
File: Christian-Bale-look[2].gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Christian-Bale-look[2].gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>9751333
serious question.....is this book any good?
>>
>>9747666

The Bible

but also
Quixote
Karamazov
Ficciones
Solaris
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.