[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any atheist books out there that aren't cringeworthy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0676.jpg (76KB, 863x476px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0676.jpg
76KB, 863x476px
Are there any atheist books out there that aren't cringeworthy?
>>
Atheism is cringeworthy.
>>
Of course! But they aren't atheist books
>>
>>9747383
Could you recommend good books written about atheism, of course, under an atheist perspective?
>>
File: seneca shortness of life.jpg (76KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
seneca shortness of life.jpg
76KB, 320x480px
>>
>>9747383
What did you mean by this
>>
Pretty much everything by Dawkins is good. The problem is that everybody is already an atheist, there's just a handful of LARPERs left. You already know everything Dawkins will say so it can be boring. The only thing it'll change (as again, you're already an atheist) is your opinion on how he is as a writer.
>>
Thus Spake Zarathustra
>>
>>9747393
That books are not atheists, objects can't have religion opinions.
>>
>>9747377
The Miracle of Theism
t. Edward Feser
>>
>>9747403
FreDICK was a cuck who died poor and alone, so I don't think his writings about atheism should be taken seriously
>>
>>9747407
Are you autistic?
>>
>>9747389
>>9747393
What I mean is that I think (popular) scientific works which aren't inherently atheist are the good atheist books
Many people dislike an evolutionary perspective on things, but there is plenty of science in which it doesn't make sense without this perspective (and sure sometimes it isn't done well, but it is still useful)

But I am assuming the issue is "whatever there is a God or not". Maybe you are looking for atheist inspired ethics or something along the lines of that? That's beyond my scope

On the other hand, why wouldn't regular ethics suffice?
>>
>>9747407
I identify as a book right now (genderfluid) and I'm atheist.
>>
>>9747451
10/10 alt-right memery, this is some top tier shit, fucking lolarious.
>>
File: 1464345831786.jpg (7KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
1464345831786.jpg
7KB, 227x222px
>>9747539
>lolarious
Wow there Shakespeare, one neologism a day
>>
>>9747539
I don't know about books, but there are certainly people identifying as objects, I think they are called headmates or something. They're as real as bisexuals or whatever else.
>>
>>9747402
>>
What about Hitchen's book "God Is Not Great"?
>>
>>9747377
that you´d be interested in a book for a lack of believe is the most cringe-worthy thing here
what do you expect to get out of it?
if you are religious you´ll not change because someone argues how there´s no way god could exist
and if you are an atheist you should already know why you don´t believe in a deity
>>
>>9747544
Lol, I didn't type that, I think there's a filter now to change "hil"arious (without quotes) to that. Try it

lolarious
>>
geez dude, i don't know, why don't you try uhhh,,, virtually every single fucking book ever published?
>>
>>9747976
Hilarious?
PS: I actually like neologisms
>>
>>9747966
Why isn't there an equal stigma on religious books then? The Bible always makes it to /lit/'s recommendation chart and no one questions it.
>>
>>9747964
"new atheist" literature is nothing but a bunch of atheist memes digested and regurgitated into the mouths of brainlets who fancy themselves geniuses. four horsemen is an apt name; their apocalypse caused the ruination of atheist credibility in intellectual circles.
>>
>>9748008
that's because a lot of old literary canon makes biblical references which you won't get unless you're familiar with the bible.
>>
>>9747411
B A I T
A
I
T
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.