[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Norm /lit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: 97808129936221474499641.jpg (95KB, 480x729px) Image search: [Google]
97808129936221474499641.jpg
95KB, 480x729px
I thought this was pretty funny. Not great, but pretty good. There were parts that I think were much more aware than most other books written by showbiz people.
>>
>>9744926
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Literature!
@#$%^^@#%
@#$%^^@#%
@#$%^^@#%
>>
>>9744940
You sound like a real jerk.
>>
>>9744926
Just because Norm's entire shtick is an accute sense of normalcy and pushing past it doesn't make him /lit/.
>>
Ok well does anyone want to talk about this book then?

Anybody read it?
>>
>>9745057
No we don't read gay celeb shit like this. Kill yourself
>>
>>9745070
Yeah Norm MacDonald is just some gay celebrity just like any other celebrity.
>>
>>9744926
>Tell me if it's okay to like this book /lit/!
>>
>>9745087
I'm not asking if it's ok to like it, I'm trying to facilitate discussion about it.
>>
>>9745095
It's not a popular book and the number of people in /lit/ who've read it are very few.
>>
>>9745102
Yeah, I figured as much. Just wanted to get some variety here. I hope some people on /lit/ do pick it up though, even if just as a palate cleanser between more intensive reads.
>>
i thought it was hysterical, the bit about rodney dangerfield in particular was genius
i lent it to my dad and was kind of disappointed that he didn't like it though
(also was disappointed by the recurring joke about the transgender woman)
but mostly i was very impressed with how norm's deadpan meandering delivery translated so well into prose. there were a lot of legitimately beautifully written passages that also just sounded like norm talking out loud (i'm remembering in particular one passage about the sky over the desert but unfortunately i don't have the book on me to find it)
>>
I like his comedy and personality and I know norm has gone through almost all tolstoy and most of dosto so he's well read, so I gave it a read. I liked it; would recommend. Good amount of laughs, good amount of introspection.
>>
File: norm macdonald 14 avonmore.png (89KB, 400x281px) Image search: [Google]
norm macdonald 14 avonmore.png
89KB, 400x281px
also bumping with young norm
>>
he is /lit/ in the sense that he likes to read literature and shitpost about it.
>>
He says he just wants to write books.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-jfLIssw0E

Hopefully he writes a few novels before he leaves this life.
>>
>>9745198
He said on his twitter at some point that he's working on another novel (not a comedy one), a collection of short stories, and a children's book.
>>
>>9745252
Maybe 100 years from now Norm will be remembered more for being an author than for being a stand up comedian.
>>
Did you guys even read the book? Have you guys ever heard Norm MacDonald speak? The idea that he's going to write more books is a joke. He could barely finish the first one.
>>
>>9745268
A man can dream, ok.
>>
>>9745268
Does anyone have that long twitter chain that was just Norm writing a short story?
>>
>>9745288
Which one? Are you talking about the one where he meets Bob Dylan or the SNL 40th anniversary?
>>
>>9744926
>dry norm macdonald antihumor without the stellar delivery

Don't see the point family
>>
>>9745057
I thought the part where he described being sucked off by an aids ridden tranny was a bit over the top but overall 8/10
>>
>>9745057
I read it.
I liked it.
Do you want to go rollerskating sometime?
>>
yo op i loved it. basically been a disciple of his comedy for years and the novel didnt disappoint. norm seems like a really cool dude - besides being the funniest man alive he seems troubled and eccentric, and he actually has great taste in lit. his twitter is great. his fav writers are like nabokov and dostoevsky, speak memory his favorite book too

fav parts were when he's thrown out of sarah silverman's apartment for being clueless and when he met jesus in atlantic city, or maybe it was vegas it's been a while
>>
I read the entire thing with his voice in my head. It was great.

Really made me lose my shit a few times.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.