[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the most interesting Essays in the Federalist Papers to read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: James_Madison[1].jpg (3MB, 2465x3000px) Image search: [Google]
James_Madison[1].jpg
3MB, 2465x3000px
What are the most interesting Essays in the Federalist Papers to read?
>>
>>9744758

I do not yet know the answer to this question but I hope to in the future. I made a close study of the founding documents some months ago and the Federalist is on my backlog.

There are 85 pieces. The collection has been characterized as a work of political conservatism in the general sense, but I'm not sure as I haven't read it.

There are also "the anti-federalist papers" anon, something I didn't know about until a few years ago. The type of thing that wonks (people who closely study and follow the United States Government) would know about, but the average person doesn't.
>>
Jay's.
>>
>>9744758
10 and 51
They were pretty smart guys. All three of them. They nearly convinced me things were going to be great even though I knew how shit things would turn out. (If they knew a mulatto would one day be elected President, they would have stayed loyal to the king and paid their fucking taxes.)
>>
>>9745073
It all could have worked if the franchise had been more carefully controlled. Giving the vote to non-property owners was a mistake.
>>
>>9744901
I would recommend you the Debate on The Contitution books by the Library of America and the collection of the founding fathers in general as well as the LoA in general, they contain a lot of the original documents with short very often biographical timelines of the events and people that the books are based on. Some of the antifederalist essays are in there as well I believe.
>>
I remember reading something about indians and how they were savages. I think it was in the federalist papers, does anyone know?
>>
>>9745078
Correct
>>
The Anti-F*deralist Papers are the thinking man's option, every single one of them. The Federal Farmer in particular is compelling.
>>
>>9745171
>Library of America
Fuck ye, will do! Thanks.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.