[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friends, Where to start with his works? Thanks in advance.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: T.jpg (200KB, 816x900px) Image search: [Google]
T.jpg
200KB, 816x900px
Friends,

Where to start with his works?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>9744255
were against liberals and people who use alcohol and drugs.
be virtous and take the redpill of whiteness and masculinity and ethnic genocide
>>
>>9744266
are you vegan?
>>
>>9744255
Don't start. He's a hack and PR merchant for "the entheogenic experience" ie drug yourself and have a spiritual experience lol. Same goes for his brother Dennis.
>>
>>9744385
No, I'm not a fag
>>
>>9744394
this, but that doesnt mean taking drugs wont be awesome for you. just take some boomers OP
>>
>>9744394
He also advocates feminism, transhumanism and eugenics but cloaks it in feel-good nebulous mysticism. Worships John Dee and Crowley who were both British Intelligence spy/occultists. He is a creepy and insincere guy.
>>
>>9744399
True, drugs can be fun.
>>
>>9744408
>transhumanism and eugenics
based
>>
>>9744255
Tao Lin wrote a shitload of essays on him and is now working on a book about it:

http://www.taolin.info/terencemckenna
>>
>>9744408
>He also advocates feminism, transhumanism and eugenics but cloaks it in feel-good nebulous mysticism

More info on this? I have always gotten a bit of a creepy vibe from his lectures.
>>
>>9744255
Stick to the youtube videos in which he talks about setting a trip, techniques to avoid panic and so on. He has the experience to justify those advices, and to be more direct, they simply work.

Avoid everything else he says: it's uncoherence bogus that comes out of someone who dabbled a bit too much with drugs. This is a man who actually thinks that apes evolves into men because they had the habit of eating magic shrooms: he's borderline insane.
>>
>>9744700
>This is a man who actually thinks that apes evolves into men because they had the habit of eating magic shrooms
why couldn't psychoactives influence brain development on an evolutionary scale?
>>
>>9744408
>eugenics
Lol, where'd you get this from? Stormfront? Do you have a source? Because it appears to be totally unsubstantiated, and not only a conspiracy theory, but a ridiculously obscure conspiracy theory which shows up almost no results when searched.
>>
>>9744771
Calm down babe, environmentalists and ecologists advocate population control all the time, why can't a psychedelic guru/PR hack likewise flout his care and concern for Gaia our Sacred Mother? I witnessed it in one of his lectures on Youtube. And since I witnessed it, and my senses aren't confounded, nor am I swayed by mysticism or rhetoric, your characterization of it as "totally unsubstantiated" and a "ridiculously obscure conspiracy theory" is nonsense and blatant sophistry. But kudos to you for attempting to defend the honour and memory of a hack bullshitter. "Lol"
>>
>>9744255
PSEUD
>>
>>9744255
A good podcast to listen to would be “Terence and Dennis McKenna - The Brotherhood of Screaming Nonsense” from Gnostic Media, they critically deconstruct the mythology around many "counterculture" and psychedelic icons/false gurus. Link: http://www.gnosticmedia.com/ccn-unspun-032-terence-dennis-mckenna-brotherhood-screaming-nonsense/
>>
>>9744266
you know this white supremacy, MRA stuff sounds really gay right
>>
>>9744255
guy was pretty fried
I mean, do drugs, it's your body but everything in moderation is a maxim everybody should live by

Start with Food of the Gods
>>
>>9744255
Are you drclaeys from GameFAQs?
>>
>>9746323
Yes, I write gameguides.Occasionally I moonlight as a entheogenic shamanic visionary guide/muse.
>>
>>9744255
the art of painting season 12
>>
>>9744255
t. McEnna
>>
File: pp.jpg (8KB, 218x218px) Image search: [Google]
pp.jpg
8KB, 218x218px
> McKenna, his brother Dennis, and three friends traveled to the Colombian Amazon in search of oo-koo-hé, a plant preparation containing dimethyltryptamine (DMT).[5][25] [23] Instead of oo-koo-hé they found fields full of gigantic Psilocybe cubensis mushrooms, which became the new focus of the expedition.[5][6][12][26][23]

>In La Chorrera, at the urging of his brother, McKenna was the subject of a psychedelic experiment[5] in which the brothers attempted to bond harmine (harmine is another psychedelic compound they used synergistically with the mushrooms) with their own neural DNA, through the use of a set specific vocal techniques.

>They hypothesised this would give them access to the collective memory of the human species, and would manifest the alchemists’ Philosopher’s Stone which they viewed as a "hyperdimensional union of spirit and matter".[27] McKenna claimed the experiment put him in contact with "Logos": an informative, divine voice he believed was universal to visionary religious experience.[28] The voice's reputed revelations and his brother's simultaneous peculiar psychedelic experience prompted him to explore the structure of an early form of the I Ching, which led to his "Novelty Theory"
>>
>>9746915
Yup, read their 'The Invisible Landscape' to get the whole super crazy I Ching 2012 eschatological endpoint theory + weird diagrams and then read 'True Hallucinations' for the travelogue.

Guy was pretty fried. Fun thing is, for a confused lonely boy in his early teens (13-14) with that no-sense-of-direction that comes with that age, those kinds of drug-induced ramblings can seem pretty persuading.

t. I was influenced by McKenna and spent most of my teen years frying my brain on acid and shrooms. Twas 'fun', but also had pretty fucked consequences.

E.g. just think for yourself, do everything in moderation and don't take drug musings too seriously.
>>
>>9746219
Advocating reduction of the human population for environmental concerns is not quite eugenics. In fact, I can imagine he probably suggested that we need to reproduce less? I can't even fathom him saying something as directly edgy as saying we need to lower the population by killing people, or to selectively breed for the best traits and not allow the deformed/those of weaker character to breed. This is why you pushed my button, even though I don't care for McKenna and think he's just a dinky hippie.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.