/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

quantum physic and pihlosophy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1499789061491.jpg (69KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
1499789061491.jpg
69KB, 876x493px
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/07/11/space-breakthrough-scientists-teleport-photon-from-earth-to-orbit.html

>scientists have successfully teleported a photon from the ground to a satellite in orbit.

>It’s been 20 years since quantum scientists successfully teleported a photon over 10 miles, proving that quantum entanglement — a process that Albert Einstein called “spooky action at a distance” -- was possible.

>The very unnatural phenomenon occurs when two quantum objects, such as photons, share a wave function. Since they come into existence at the exact same time and place, they share the same identity, even when separated. What happens to one happens to the other — wherever it exists.

>teleporting protons from a ground station in Tibet, 2½ miles above sea level, to a satellite orbiting Earth more than 310 miles away.

>It marks the first time an object has been teleported from our planet into space.

What sort of thinker/philosopher predicted this earliest?

What are modern philosophers who incorporate and talk about what quantum physics might mean to humans?
>>
>>9743803
Is quantum physics the biggest meme of the last few years ?
I have read articles about how quantum physics explains everything and can do some crazy shit yet i rarely see anything concrete coming out of it.
>>
>>9744804
Quantum physics supposes that true random is possible, so I don't fully trust anything of the field
>>
>>9744909
Einstein proposed that quantum mechanics was not truly random, and that there were hidden variables involved. He was proven wrong by experiment. Quantum is genuinely random.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPR_paradox#Bell.27s_inequality
>>
File: 1446133278943.png (273KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1446133278943.png
273KB, 450x450px
>>9743803
>a process that Albert Einstein called “spooky action at a distance”
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>9744909
no it doesn't
>>
>>9743803
you still can't use it to communicate because making any measurement fucks it up
>>
>>9744931
This is not what those experiments demonstrated. Determinism is inferred by the EPR paper but not an assumption challenged by Bell. What the violations of those inequalities show is that the world does not adhere to local realism. There is plenty of room for determinism in such a world
>>
>>9744804
How can oyu call it a meme when they literally teleport shit?
>>
b.
>>
>>9744804
As far as it's been explained to me is that quantum physics is basically magic, and it drives people crazy. There are a lot of observable phenomenon that act differently everytime they try to set it up and amazing things happen because "quantum physics" but nobody can actually nail it down.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.