[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ultimate Edgelord?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Nietzsche2.png (870KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche2.png
870KB, 1024x576px
Does Nietzsche give voice to every edgy teenager who ever was when he writes stuff like this? :

>I know my fate. There will come a day when my name will recall the memory of something frightful—a crisis the like of which has never been known on earth, the memory of the most profound clash of consciences and the passing of a sentence upon all that has before been believed in, demanded and sanctified. I am not a man, I am dynamite. And with it all there is nothing of the founder of a religion in me. Religions belong to the rabble; after coming into contact with religious people I always feel that I must wash my hands. I do not want "believers”, I think that I am too full of malice to believe even in myself; I never speak to masses. I have a terrible fear that one day I shall be considered "holy”. You will understand why I publish this book beforehand—it is to prevent people from wronging me. I refuse to be a saint; I would rather be a clown. Maybe I am a clown. I am nevertheless, or rather not nevertheless, the mouthpiece of truth

I find it entertaining how much I reading him transports me back to how I wrote when I was a teenager: moody, egotistical, yet also passionate and firmly self-assured.

Isn't it not also odd how Nietzsche's thinking also tend to be popular among disaffected youth?
>>
>My destiny ordained that I should be the first decent human being and that I should feel myself opposed to the falsehood of millennia. I was the first to discover the truth and for the simple reason that I was the first who became conscious, to sense the lie as a lie. My genius lies in my nostrils. I contradict as no one has contradicted before and yet I am the very opposite to a negative spirit.
>>
Yeah I feel ya. I wish I really hadn't read him when I was young because it just amped up my disaffection and let me use my feeling of intellectual superiority to wallow my in depression.

Of course weed did way more damage than Nietzsche. I'm happy to be past that stage
>>
>I want to learn more and more to see as beautiful what is necessary in things; then I shall be one of those who makes things beautiful. Amor fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against what is ugly. I do not want to accuse; I do not even want to accuse those who accuse. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all in all and on the whole: some day I wish to be only a Yes-sayer.
This is edgy to you?
>>
>>9745364
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>9745476
Life affirmation, nigga.
>>
>>9743149
Nietzche was a dramatic guy, but totally genius. He saw clearly the path of culture and Western civilization and outlined the way out from nihilism and decadence. He's thoroughly misunderstood in that people assume him to be an advocate of nihilism, which he wasn't - but also was only insofar as he saw it as a way for humanity to take on its necessary suffering and transcend it. When you look at the hedonism and lack of virtue in the world around you, do you think he was wrong?
>>
>>9743149
Pretty cringy to be honest.
>>
>>9743149
When you're a genius you get to be edgy.
>>
>>9743149
The difference is he was right. All he says in that paragraph is true.
>>
nechie never read the bible
>>
>>9743149
>it's another "OP doesn't understand irony" episode
>>
>>9746338
Sure, it's all just self-referential after all.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.