[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nonduality/Enlightenment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: 02-enlightenment.jpg (338KB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
02-enlightenment.jpg
338KB, 2400x1800px
Nonduality/Enlightenment. I'm hearing more and more about it these days. About how it is central to each major religion. Zen, Advaita Vedanta, sects of Christianity, Sects of Islam.

Is this some key, some principal of the universe? Is this the ultimate truth? Or is it a mental quagmire and delusion that some people enter into? Is it a cult?

Should I pursue enlightenment? Should I pursue nonduality? Are they the ultimate Truth?

Quoted:
"What Enlightenment Is:

A sudden massive shift in awareness where one becomes directly conscious of one's ABSOLUTE nature.
"You" and "the world" merge, erasing the physical distinction between self, other, and world.
The realization that you are reality itself, and not merely a "self" inside of reality.
The realization that "you" do not exist, and never have existed.
An experience beyond all experience.
TRUTH!"

----

Quote from a Nonduality guy:
"

"Just one question here.

If "I" am not the body why do I follow it everywhere its ever been?"

Think about this now... It's very simple:

Maybe you are the body, but if you are not the body, then you are mistaken about what you're taking the word "you" to refer to. See?

So when you say, "Why do I follow it (the body) everywhere its ever been" what are you actually saying? What is following the body? If you're the body, as you insist, then there's nothing to follow the body. There's just the body being you.

Nonduality doesn't say you follow the body. Nonduality says, You do not exist! The body just walks around like a zombie on its own. The problem is, it thinks there's someone inside it. You are like a robot who's been programmed to believe it's a human. When you think, "But I'm a real human." << that's just a program running. That program has no one behind it. In the same way that when you look at your computer, you don't think of it as having a "soul" in there somewhere. It's just a bunch of mechanics.

What you REALLY are is the empty field of Nothingness within which the body walks around."
>>
lmao keep tokin that reefer bucko
>>
*hits bong*
*turns on Om's Conference of Birds*
DUDE
>>
File: IMG_1005.jpg (101KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1005.jpg
101KB, 590x350px
Enlightenment is ritual. Ritual is discipline. Discipline is training. Training is play. Play is nature. Nature is a spiral.
>>
File: IMG_1019.jpg (117KB, 500x661px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1019.jpg
117KB, 500x661px
The following links comprise a complete entry-level education into the twin paths of mysticism and magic. Enjoy at your own risk!

http://deoxy.org
http://www.egodeath.com
http://www.kundaliniguide.com
https://suttacentral.net
http://www.sacred-texts.com
https://www.erowid.org
http://www.chaosmatrix.org
http://www.censorthis.com/ouran/ghosthome.html
http://freezoneearth.org/littlepurplenotebook/index.html
>>
Riddle me this, OP:

If the self doesn't exist, who's being fooled?

And don't tell me "God" (the inevitable consequence of nonduality is that all consciousness is ultimate consciousness)... if I was God, I'd have a lot more powers than I do now.
>>
Nothing can be fooled into thinking it exists; senseless matter cannot be fooled into experiencing qualia as such. From a scientific perspective, yes, there is no way to prove that you have consciousness. But the "lens" of science, by its very design, is intended to remove all subjectivity from whatever you're looking at. Science can't say anything about what you SHOULD do, but you know that that category of things isn't entirely meaningless, don't you? Quite recently you decided that you should post this thread for example.
>>
Language wont get you anywhere because language is inherently dualistic. Find a modicum of faith and invest it in practice.
>>
Epistemology from best to worst:

Gnosis>Enlightenment>Nonduality>Dualism>Faith>Evidence
>>
>>9741647
>no montalk
what did he mean by this
>>
>>9741562
There is no enlightenment
>>
File: bubbles.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bubbles.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
>>9741707
Your here and now are very small. Imagine this: if you were a whale, your "here" would be much bigger. It's also more difficult to imagine, but you could very easily have a much more expansive sense of time. For instance, if you lived thousands of years, a day would gradually begin to seem as quick and insignificant as a minute seems to us now. This is the well-known phenomenon of time flying away more quickly the older you get.

God is the ultimate Self for which "here" is everywhere and "now" is the entire duration of the universe, or eternity. Analogous to the way we use memory and anticipation to link together the past, the present, and the future rationally within ourselves, God links together different events from what we perceive as the past, present, and future by virtue of the fact that it is all one eternal moment for Him. His consciousness is so expansive that it simultaneously and complexly experiences everything we think of as the past, present, and future at once. His "here" being everywhere, He links everything together physically, as well. God is the one primordial self, the ONLY true self, permeating the universe for all eternity.

We are only little particles of God who usually have our senses of here and now limited deliberately (barring supernormal, mystical experiences), where we can only be in small spots at a time and can only move in one direction in time, not being able to move around in time. It's like we have blinders on us, so we can only see time in one direction, and can only see a small section of space at a time. Imagine one large circle: now imagine a sort of plastic template made of smaller circles is placed on top of it. Each small circle is a newly formed, sectioned ego thinking it is a single self; but under this template, the whole huge circle still exists, having access to every ego and its contents. This larger self behind everything is is God. Or imagine a mosaic window in a church: there are separate pieces and shapes complexly arranged, each discrete and sectioned off from each other; God could be seen as either the underlying form or shape behind it, or, more artistically, as the light that shines through from behind the mosaic, illuminating it al.

Look at pic related. Every circle may think it is a single self, but "under" it is a continuous self or fabric uniting it all. Each circle only has access to a small part of the larger picture, and may even think its life is meaningless and purposeless based on the small fragment of the All that it sees.

Imagine a neuron of ours was to think it was a single self. It may very well be from its own point of view, but it also is linked to all our other neurons to create our own sense of self.
>>
>>9743092
>if you were a whale, your "here" would be much bigger

This is so fucking retarded
>>
>>9743128
Try to ignore that you are used to poetic slop and pretty form without any substance whatsoever behind it and instead try to extract the underlying meaning behind the words and figures of speech.
>>
>>9743136
idiot.
>>
>>9743136
there is no meaning no where. stop fooling yourself, stop fooling others
>>
File: 1459180296262.jpg (20KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
1459180296262.jpg
20KB, 460x276px
>>9743136
>>
>>9743175
>>9743193
>>9743199
I see I stepped on a particular corn on your feet? Of course, it was imprudent of me to criticize the meaninglessness of most literature on a literature board, so I apologize for offending your sensibilities.
>>
>>9743223
you think too much, proving my point. you constructed an image of me in your tought from the void, the same way you are conjuring the image of God in your thought. Snap out of it
>>
>>9743092
It's a nice idea, anon, but it seems like your picture of the universe has no place for love.
>>
>>9743323
I insist I'm not doing that, or at least doing it to a lesser degree than you think. I am very detached from all this.

>>9743563
Love binds everything together. God loves Himself and thus loves all the particles of Himself. All the particles of God feel a natural love towards each other on some level of their consciousness (in most deeply in the subconscious) because everything strives to be reunited with everything else and thus with God.
>>
central to each major religion, like.. fuckin, hinduism and uh. that other religion that came out of hinduism..... and.. uh, heretic sects from those other religions....
>>
>>9741562
Yes, it's real. Yes, it's a path worthy of pursuit. Can't say much more than that, just keep your eyes on the prize.
>>
>>9743092
>>God is the ultimate Self for which "here" is everywhere and "now" is the entire duration of the universe, or eternity
god confirmed for gay duality cuck
>>
Non-dualism is a trick played on slopes and red-dots. Don't fall for a con not even intended for you.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 285x177px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 285x177px
i have some bad news for you
>>
>>9744783
Bad news for ANTS?
>>
Enlightenment is delusion. Humanists belong on a pyre. Truth is nonexistent.
>>9741716
The notion that 'science is objective' is a meme. 'hurr durr iz design ds wai das men tr00' Eat shit you mere subject
>>9742959
All of those are trash.
>>
>>9741562
Tfw once you start working you simply have no time or energy to attain enlightenment. It suddenly seems so useless.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.