[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wow. the movie is just better in every single way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

wow. the movie is just better in every single way
>>
I fell for the Chuck meme, Hes very over-rated
>>
>>9741501
I enjoyed it, but the movie is just perfect
>>
>>9741417
Except how the movie's ending is completely different changing the message. The book is, among other things, a satiric takedown of male fragility. The MC is threatened by contemporary life to the point of self destruction and by witnessing how his angst filled reactionary instincts play out hes able to see his own obliteration.

The movie has a trite "love will save the day" ending that undermines the rest of the movie into pulp shit.
>>
File: 20170711_122918.jpg (2MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170711_122918.jpg
2MB, 2560x1536px
well at least I'm trying to hit bottom
>>
>>9742520
>satiric takedown of male fragility
The building slumped over represents a penis now?

Let me guess, gender studies major and eng lit as the minor?
>>
>>9742520
I like this perspective.
I thought the movie really captured decay and disintegration well, but otherwise it isn't as clever as some think it is.
>>
>>9742902
the whole thing is about men's role in our current societies
>>
>>9742935
>>9742520
>the way I consume media is to smash every little bit of it into very tiny pieces, and then draw whatever conclusions are trendy nowadays
this pomo shit needs to end ASAP
>>
>>9741417
>the movie is just better
must be a pretty shitty book then
>>
>>9742902
>>9743082
Are you fucking stupid? The book and movie are almost explicitly about masculinity in modern society. It couldn't be any more in your face.
>>
>>9743082
You don't actually read, do you?
>>
>>9743103
1. It could be about men in society. It could be about atomization. It could be about class struggle. It could be about anything. See anon, when you analyze a book, your opinions about it are totally subjective. If Chuck Palahniuk says in an interview that he wrote it about men in society today, I'll shut up.
>>9743107
I actually cover my books in A1 sauce and eat them, page by page.
>>
File: LinkCoffee.jpg (69KB, 500x598px) Image search: [Google]
LinkCoffee.jpg
69KB, 500x598px
>>9743169
>authorial intent
What century is this?
>>
>>9743169
It sounds like you simultaneously understand and don't understand the death of the author. But anyways, just for you:

>Fight Club came out of something that all my peers talked about," he says. "It is that their fathers had never taught them what they needed to know about becoming men. And what I'm learning more and more is that these fathers had not been taught by their own fathers."
>Palahniuk is certain that there are some things in life that men innately enjoy and should be given - given back - cultural permission to express. "If we try to suppress that completely, it is going to erupt in some horrible uncontrolled way. In a culture where we have condemned all forms of violence as invalid and not needed, violence still comes up. It comes up in hyper-violent ways, like in school shootings."
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2000/nov/08/fiction.chuckpalahniuk
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.