[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trying to Gain Vast Knowledge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0017.jpg (101KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0017.jpg
101KB, 500x750px
I want to know everything. Philosophy, literature, economics, etc. There are a lot of lists and charts on the wiki, but I want a definitive reading list that will make me a cultured and well-read human being. My request is basically for an updated version of the Harvard Classics. Where can such a definitive reading list be procured? Pic unrelated.
>>
>>9739828
If you have to ask, it's too late.
>>
>>9739828
Also Khan Academy.
>>
>>9739828
>I'm too much of a child to acquire knowledge that isn't being spoonfed to me
>>
anyone else notice the drive to know everything goes away when you turn like 22
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>9739929
26 here. Busy at work, dating, etc.

Never read more nor had a desire to learn more than right now. Donno what you're saying.
>>
>>9739828
Start with the Greeks
>>
>>9739953
but haven't your interests narrowed somewhat
>>
>>9739993
If anything mine have expanded (not the original anon you asked)
>>
>>9739992
I know, but what about after that?
>>
>>9739993
The only interest that has narrowed in learning another language. Too far gone, not enough time.
>>
>>9739929
It's okay anon, it's never too late to break from the monotony and boredom. It'll take time and effort but you can always reignite the flames of passion.
>>
just read plato
>>
>>9740568
idk it's still there and stronger in some areas but some things i don't care about anymore like politics and science/metaphysics
>>
>>9740600
It's okay to not be interested in certain things, but no matter what don't let that curiosity die.

Many people as they age tend to start thinking they've understood how the world is organized, but given that their) many others think the same, this is clearly not so.
>>
I've studied now Philosophy
And Jurisprudence, Medicine,—
And even, alas! Theology,—
From end to end, with labor keen;
And here, poor fool! with all my lore
I stand, no wiser than before:
I'm Magister—yea, Doctor—hight,
And straight or cross-wise, wrong or right,
These ten years long, with many woes,
I've led my scholars by the nose,—
And see, that nothing can be known!
That knowledge cuts me to the bone.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.