[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For me, this book offered some great insights on key aspects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: nolongerhuman.jpg (11KB, 248x346px) Image search: [Google]
nolongerhuman.jpg
11KB, 248x346px
For me, this book offered some great insights on key aspects of humanity, society and identity. I feel like Dazai did an excellent job of creating an interesting book from a somewhat difficult angle, since Yozo's attitude towards humanity can easily be interpreted as some kind of superiority complex (seen in Lolita's Humbert Humbert). He succeeds in doing so by making Yozo incredibly anxious and self-loathing in a sort of apathetic sense.

In other parts, though it feels sort of wrong for thinking of it like this, Yozo seems to gloat in his self-pitying and revel in the fact (or his view) that he is not human, though he tries to convince his reader that his very inhumanity is also the reason for his unhappiness.

This book has probably seen plenty of discussion, but I'm nonetheless interested in what you guys think.

Also, can someone recommend other books about what it means to be human?
>>
I believe him, he was no longer human. I took it seriously. He reached a point where his humanity was beyond repair. I believe there's a line somewhere you can cross and then it's over.
He didn't have anything new or even interesting to tell me about humanity and society but sure as hell he had lots to talk about being too broken to reach some sort of humanity.
Thank you for reminding me of this book OP.
>>
>>9739001
>Also, can someone recommend other books about what it means to be human?
to live - yu hua
>>
I hated this.

The prose bored me and the main character annoyed me and the plot didn't engage me.

Welp.
>>
>>9741731
t. woman
>>
>>9741764
Neigh.

I liked Notes from Underground and Whatever and many other books of this sort, but this one in particular seemed to me so unrelatable and uninteresting and lifeless. It was a long /r9k/ shitpost.
>>
>>9741780
>It was a long /rk9/ shitpost.
Woman confirmed.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.