[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: iu.jpg (79KB, 373x443px) Image search: [Google]
iu.jpg
79KB, 373x443px
exactly what all books are considered as pseudo intellectual books here.

I liked The Idiot but most people consider it to be a cheap book...opinion?
>>
>>9738656
>I liked The Idiot but most people consider it to be a cheap book
I've never heard that opinion before
>>
it's a cheap book if you shoplift. maybe they were referring to that?
>>
>>9738656
I think the majority of Lit likes the Idiot, and if they don't they certainly don't find it Pseudo
>>
>>9738656
Loved it, but i prefered Demons desu
>>
>>9738832
me too anon desu
>>
>>9738656
Books are not pseudo-intellectual. It's when people put too much value on mediocre books then the people become pseudo-intellectual. Or it's when people pretend to have read or understand difficult and long texts they become pseuds.
>>
>>9738839
I'm not implying that Dostoevsky is mediocre. I love his work.
>>
File: the_idiot.png (57KB, 626x545px) Image search: [Google]
the_idiot.png
57KB, 626x545px
>>9738656
That's because most here are catholics and they got burns from that chapter in which Dosto says the church is the antichrist
>>
>>9738656
>I liked The Idiot but most people consider it to be a cheap book...opinion?
Well it doesn't offer much compared to newer novels based on critical theory and feminism.
>>
>>9738656
What do you mean by cheap? Cheap as in pseudo-intellectual? The Idiot doesn't deal as overtly with philosophical issues as some of Dostoevsky's other novels, I think. My impression is that if some people here think less of it it's because it focuses more on soap opera than on super deep musings at least in comparison with his more meme works. I mean if the Idiot is pseudo-intellectual so should be the rest of Dostoevsky's opus. So if "cheap" means pseudo-intellectual it's weird that those people that consider the Idiot "cheap" didn't complain about some of his other novels instead.
>>
>>9738656
They're retarded
Read what interests youand form your own possibly informed opinion
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.