[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become the next Stephenie Meyer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: smeyer.png (335KB, 610x400px) Image search: [Google]
smeyer.png
335KB, 610x400px
How do I become the next Stephenie Meyer?
>>
>>9738211
girls are getting into super heroes, since wonder women showed to be a great success.
i'd place my bets there.
>>
>>9738215
that's the current trend. i need to think 1-2 years from now. superheroes are already being exploited.
>>
>>9738215
This. Write a novel series about a tragic group of superheroes, cursed to live in the shadows, and make the protagonist a new recruit, and make everyone perpetually 16, and write like you are 16.
>>
>>9738215
not superheroes. That is a crappy and niche lit genre, even below LitRPG. strong dethroned princess and private investigator women are more in, especially if they investigate the supernatural
>>9738211
What type of girl do you want to write and how much work are you willing to put in?
>>
>>9738226
I'm willing to put in a lot of work since I'm basically a NEET right now. I would prefer for it to be contemporary, because I see myself as aiming for the female John Green, but I don't really care. I want success!
>>
>>9738231
contemporary in what way? Do you want to write urban fantasy?
>>
>>9738236
No, I just want to write a successful YA "romance" with a concept that's not overdone. Like when Twilight came out, vampire books weren't popular. John Green made sick lit a thing.
>>
>>9738243
>vampire books weren't popular
yeah but it did not really take off till the true blood craz
>concept that's not overdone
all the cool ones are taken.
>>
>>9738251
true blood isn't YA but anyway, twilight made vampires popular
>>
>>9738253
>true blood isn't YA
that is not the point
>twilight made vampires popular
if you mean for women than anne rice did that
>>
>>9738251
>All the cool ones are taken

Race war between idealogically opposite races and then some gullible teen getting caught up in this complex scenario aaaaannnd I just described a classic trash mundane fictional fantasy conflict book didn't I.
>>
>>9738211
Make a fan fiction of 50 shades of grey
>>
>>9738263
When I was a kid, Twilight made vampires popular until john green shit/superheroes took over.
>>
if i really wanted to be famous i would find a way to turn into a tranny author and troll the shit out of 4chan with elite knowledge of white guy material until you submitted to my memery the same way you did for Sam Hyde.
>>
>>9738282
>When I was a kid
k.
>superheroes took over
name one popular superhero book. not a comic, a legit book.
>>
>>9738300
there's a lot of them, i dont read them because i dont like superhero stuff.
>>
File: 1497160875225.png (875KB, 770x527px) Image search: [Google]
1497160875225.png
875KB, 770x527px
anyways I will help you bounce ideas, here and now but im not going to write it for you.
>>9738296
Hyde is not making money.
>>
>>9738308
you're being played dummy.
counter-culture image maintenance.
He makes money, not a lot but considering he's famous his stock goes up long-term.
>>
>>9738307
>there's a lot of them
name one. go to goodreads and pick out a superhero book that has at least 10,000 ratings total
>>
>>9738211
GET THICC
>>
>>9738313
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17182126-steelheart

anyway i want my protag to be a girl but not as dull as bella but still relatable
>>
>>9738311
He's 30 years old, had a brief stint on adult swim, no one will make anything with him and MDE is disbanded.
>>
>>9738323
make her relatable in emotions but not in background. give her a ex military mom. What supernatural beings are you thinking about?
>>
>>9738329
hyde was someone? I just assumed he was a random weirdo the net picked up because of his name
>>
>>9738323
also side note but most books live or die based on their cover art.
>>
>>9738329
nah he's famous.
name recognition.
that's worth a lot.
>>
>>9738353
>he's famous
he is no more famous than chirs chan
>>
>>9738360
chris chan is famous in a different way but chris chan is probably more famous than you realize.
>>
>>
>>9738211
Sell out to the publishing industry and throw a fit when your manuscript is leaked
>>
>>9738211
Damn she's ho-
>>9738321
What a waste
>>
>>9738211

Step 1: have a vagina
Step 2: write illiterate trite with thinly-veiled themes of degenerate sexuality and a teenaged cast of characters, female Mary Sue protag
Step 3: paste a theme onto it
Step 4: suck some Jew's dick to get it published
Step 5: wait for the billions to roll into your bank account
>>
>>9738231
>Trio of 15 year olds
>Protag is pretty and smart but low self-confidence
>Sidekicks are a Muslim girl and a mtf tranny
>Discover portal to faeryland (lel)
>Faeries have dark skin but European features (drow)
>They live in tune with nature (Na'vi)
>Ruled by a matriarchy
>Universally pansexual and polyamorous society
>The males get pregnant rather than the females
>They are being exterminated by a physically strong, disciplined, industrialized race of blonde white people who are racist and want to gas them all
>Protag convinces them that they could flee to earth and shut the portal behind them, leaving the racists to screech autistically in impotent solitude
>Protag meets coal-black Na'vi youth who becomes her romantic interest
>Starts bringing across frightened, starving women and children
>Racist white Americans start rounding them up and mistreating them
>Protag has to organize a multicultural resistance to peacefully protest against the racists and defend the Na'vi refugees
>The president is secretly one of the racist Blondites from the other side, who infiltrated our world decades ago
>The protag has to expose him and lead a revolution of Na'vi and progressive multicultural human freedom-fighters
>They finally manage to storm the white house send president Donaldson (his real name is Fuh'rampf) into exile in Russia
>The last of the Na'vi cross through the portal and the Blondites start to follow them
>Have to hold them off while the Na'vi conduct a ritual to seal the portal
>Tranny friend is killed by the chief racist of the Blondites
>Muslim heroically sacrifices herself by carrying the magic time-out into the portal
>Protag marries D'Quandos, gets him pregnant and he poops out a litter of ebony bum-babies, becomes stay at home dad
>Epilogue: Protag has grown up to become the first female president of the United States of Earth
>The end
>>
>>9739911
>time-out

Time-bomb
>>
>>9738211
Remove all sense of shame
>>
>>9738211
First draft = last draft = get it out the door
>>
>>9738321

this is what the average fan who started reading Twilight at age 16 looks like today
>>
>>9738211
write a love triangle where some really average looking woman is sought after by hunky guys
>>
File: 1498742901815.png (120KB, 442x269px) Image search: [Google]
1498742901815.png
120KB, 442x269px
>>9738211
I saw someone's copy of New Moon sitting on a table at a cafe and nobody was around so I threw it in the garbage. Probation is over tbzh.
>>
>>9738225
>and write like you are 16.
Implying that will be hard for /lit/
>>
>>9738271
>a fan fiction of a fan fiction of a movie
>>
>>9738211
Meyer says that the idea for Twilight came to her in a dream on June 2, 2003.[17] The dream was about a human girl and a vampire who was in love with her but thirsted for her blood.[17] Based on this dream, Meyer wrote the draft of what became Chapter 13 of the book.[18] In a matter of three months she had transformed her dream into a complete novel,[19] though she never intended to publish Twilight and was writing for her own enjoyment.[20] Her sister's response to the book was enthusiastic and she persuaded Meyer to send the manuscript to literary agencies.[15]
>>
>>9740718
She was so retarded she couldn't even come up with the idea of a vampire twink herself?
>>
>>9738211
Copy all twilight, only change the consent of monsters to superheros.
>>
>>9740757
This. Copy the entire plot, structure, protagonists etc. Change the names, make the vampires superheros and voila.
>>
>>9739911
nice. thanks for the idea.
>>
>>9738300
Soon I Will Be Invincible
>>
>>9738215
>>9738211
Don't go the superhero route, the female protagonist needs to be helpless and require male protection.
>>
File: moon_reflection.jpg (30KB, 423x291px) Image search: [Google]
moon_reflection.jpg
30KB, 423x291px
>>9741669
Why not both?
>>
>>9739911
This
>>
Sharlyn Kanyon is the next step.

Shadow Hunter series >>>> twilight. Tell me I'm wrong.
>>
>>9741676
*strokes chin thoughtfully*
I've got an idea for my book. Captain Star, who fights demons both internal and external with the help of her loyal dog. Her lover? Fedora Katana.
>>
>>9739911
Way to overtly political. 16-year old girls who read Twilight don't give a shit about all this, they just want a brooding sociopath who loves them and recognizes how amazing they are, even if they are ~totally average~
>>
>>9738360
>implying if Chris Chan were intelligent he wouldn't have capitalized on his e-cele status by now
>>
>>9740528
You're doing God's work anon
>>
File: 1499524726805.jpg (155KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1499524726805.jpg
155KB, 1024x683px
>>9738211
1. Choose a story from the good old Greeks
2. Come up with a contemporary setting
3. Your characters must be similar to your audience, slightly exaggerated
4. Re-write in modern style, add some teenage slang but don't overdo it
5. be active on social media
>>
>>9739911
sounds like a spin on Avatar
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.