[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here take medication for anxiety or depression? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0116.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0116.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Does anyone here take medication for anxiety or depression? I think I should, but honestly I'm scared for how it will impact my critical thinking capabilities. In your experience, has medication hindered your ability to read and write?

Also, feel free to talk about how depression or anxiety has impacted your academic life to this point.
>>
Negatively. Productivity wise, my OCD rituals are far worse.
>>
Very curious to hear people's experiences on this.
>>
Not being depressed helped me avoid finding excuses not to read.
>>
I tried Lexapro for depression and anxiety. It leveled everything out and made me into an emotionless robot. I also found the drug made it easier for me to say cruel things or fall into a rage.

Needless to say I couldn't think very well at all on it and quit about 8 months later.
>>
I take stuff for something else
The stuff I take might decrease creativity because my condition might be a vulnerability of creativity (though the science isn't settled yet)

I did take antidepressants for some time and they actually made the depression worse, in my own experience switching to a much healthier diet and taking some St. John's Wort tea is a much better option

You could also exercise, though I prefer taking long walks (in nature)
>>
I've found that very small doses of weed or certain nootropics can significantly reduce anxiety and increase productivity, but it's much better in the long run to develop better focus habits. Cognitive behavioral therapy has good documented results, but it is difficult for a lot of people to keep up with. I'm working to discipline myself again and thinking about getting into mindfulness meditation again to help deal with anxiety and depression. The problem is that my anxiety and depression have naturally subsided mostly, which is usually great, but I don't have the same coping skills that I used to have.
>>
>>9737750
I will tell you one thing, that the addiction that resulted from my depression and anxiety SEVERELY, SEVERELY impeded my artistic ability, and ability to really think about anything else but shooting up. Out of all the drugs out there, that I have tried or even been addicted to, opiates had the worst impact on all my artistic endeavors. Much more than Benzos, alcohol, seconal, or anything else. That shit sucked ass. And ya get to a point where you're not getting even a little buzz any more, but you still need enough to kill your average non-addict just to feel normal enough to function in any semblance of a normal manner.
>>
File: IMG_20170707_172133.jpg (613KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170707_172133.jpg
613KB, 2000x1333px
>>9737750
I tried meds but they didn't help
so I was forced to try meditation
it was my last hope for help
luckily it has helped me
I think everyone should try it
20 min a day seems like a lot
but after a year of practice it is addictive
I get so relaxed and blissed out some days
>>
NAD+ IV infusion.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.