[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why has no one told me amazing this is?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: 71jmdNl6l7L.jpg (134KB, 1257x2026px) Image search: [Google]
71jmdNl6l7L.jpg
134KB, 1257x2026px
Why has no one told me amazing this is?
>>
It's something, ain't it?
>>
They're good. But eventually, with enough spelunking of the whole Glass family saga, you end up at Hapworth. And you fucking realize that Salinger didn't understand Seymour more than anyone else does today. He spent his life obsessing over this martyr he created and never got anywhere.
>>
>>9736350
Boy, do I love that book. I remember after falling in love with the Catcher in the Rye in eighth grade, I found Nine Stories as well as Franny and Zooey in ninth grade. Salinger always gives me a warm feeling. Well, not always....

>>9736513
Seymour: An Introduction is pretty trash and so is Hapworth
>>
File: 1499492159332.jpg (108KB, 904x711px) Image search: [Google]
1499492159332.jpg
108KB, 904x711px
>>9736529
>Seymour: An Introduction is pretty trash

wew, laddie
>>
>>9736560
>Woweee! Rest assured, my dear readers, this happiness I am feeling is grade-A stuff! Yes indeed, yes indeed. And here I am (ugh), sitting down to prepare to write for you all a little something about a certain person in my life known as Seymour. Well, let's see. His eyes, damnit, think of the eyes. Small they were, yes that's for certain. One time Seymour turned to me and said (if you can believe it), "Poetry is like a little child: you just want to fuck it." What was most interesting about this was the way he said it. He had sort of an interesting way of speaking, if you, my confidante, can believe it. (And believe you very well might!) Tired out now. To bed I must retire. I can hear it calling to me.
>>
File: 1499490306942.png (110KB, 453x508px) Image search: [Google]
1499490306942.png
110KB, 453x508px
>>9736574
>>
File: 1498971875597.png (2MB, 1096x1584px) Image search: [Google]
1498971875597.png
2MB, 1096x1584px
>>9736574
>"Poetry is like a little child: you just want to fuck it."
Was See More Glass, dare I say it, /ourguy/?
>>
>>9736587
Don't get me wrong. It's Salinger, so it wasn't all bad. Buddy's voice grates on me after a while though. I was a little disgusted. The ending was great, as well as the part about him thinking he was the fastest person in the world, or the part about Seymour remembering everyone's coats at the party. Groaned a little at the part about Seymour on the horse, or the part about "I know you. You're a bird-watcher."
>>
File: 1499493017208.jpg (67KB, 400x412px) Image search: [Google]
1499493017208.jpg
67KB, 400x412px
>>9736601
Quit being a contrarian faggot, anon. You're not impressing anyone. Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenter is Salinger's magnum opus, and it is by far his most mature work. The reason Buddy's voice annoyed you is, Salinger's ability to bring his characters to life. No doubt, Buddy--and the rest of the Glass family, for that matter--is truly an insufferable. But that's what Salinger intended with his writing, really. Having read this book, I know you already know the Glass family is a wealthy family living in Manhattan, so do you really expect them not to get on your nerves? Faggot.
>>
>>9736630
Raise High the Roof Beam is good, Seymour: An Introduction not so much. The Glass family may be a bunch of spoiled brats, but I felt they were brought to life much better in, say, Franny and Zooey. I wasn't annoyed at Buddy for being wealthy, I was annoyed at him for being cutesy.
>>
>>9736643
>Franny and Zooey

>tfw no Franny gf
>>
Salinger is an amazing talent and craftsman. He is able to paint such vivid characters and dialogue like few I have personally read.

It's a shame Catcher is so famous, it completely overshadows his best work.
>>
If I'm not wrong, a perfect day for banana fish is in Nine Stories? It's easily my favorite Salinger. Bans fish is so amazingly brutal. Love it.
>>
File: IMG_1030.jpg (108KB, 971x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1030.jpg
108KB, 971x576px
>>9736350
Because if u were worth a shit you would have already read it twat
>>
>>9737265
all gotta start somewhere buddy
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.